Friendship path for non-romanceable PCs?

Does Kivan have a friendship path for PCs that he would not romance, such as guys? I'm asking because the information out there seems to indicate the friendship path is available after the romance has been turned down. I'm interested because Kivan was just so cool in the BG1 NPC Project, and I hope to enjoy the fullest possible extent of his coolness in BGII. :)

Thanks!

Yes, he does have a friendship path, it's just that in some ways, it's the same as the romance path.

You see, in SoA, Kivan is your friend, not your romance interest.

Spoilers, highlight to read:

Kivan still believes Deheriana to be alive, and waiting for him in Arvandor. He would never consider the PC as a potential love interest if this were the case. Kivan does have special PC response options to give the female PC the chance to show her interest, but nearly the whole of SoA is "just friends," for a PC of either gender.

Spoilers are over.

He's still quite talkative and friendly with a male PC, so enjoy.

I'm asking because the information out there seems to indicate the friendship path is available after the romance has been turned down.

It's actually backwards :) PC kind of has to select romance-hinting responces in the friendship talks to initiate a sequence that leads into the romance... here is an SoA portion of the romance, it is just slow and somewhat understated. If you look here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=5117

It will show all the talks that are in, but some of them are conditional (the 15 romantic ones are labled the 'romance-romance').

Archived