Weird monster behaviour

10thLich

Durlag's Tower, Battle Chess:

The King sometimes only stands around and does nothing, moreover I found with NI that he has no sex assigned. Instead of male(1) or neither(3) he's got error(-98). Additionally his mage script has one e too much he should get _mage5 instead of _magee5.

Lower Durlag's Tower in general (ard0013-14):

Weird behaviour from Greater Ghouls. When I explore the map only with Charname they don't attack her and she can slaughter them without any resistance from them. But if I attack them with other party members (e. g. Jaheira) they attack just fine but never Charname.

10th

Durlag's Tower, Battle Chess:

The King sometimes only stands around and does nothing, moreover I found with NI that he has no sex assigned. Instead of male(1) or neither(3) he's got error(-98). Additionally his mage script has one e too much he should get _mage5 instead of _magee5.

Yep, he's standing around uselessly because of that additional "e". It's a BGT-specific problem (not that that helps you much). The undefined gender is actually from the vanilla game; it should be harmless.

Lower Durlag's Tower in general (ard0013-14):

Weird behaviour from Greater Ghouls. When I explore the map only with Charname they don't attack her and she can slaughter them without any resistance from them. But if I attack them with other party members (e. g. Jaheira) they attack just fine but never Charname.

10th

I have no idea why this should be - I'll see if I can reproduce it when I have the chance.

Speaking of this, a quick Notepad search through SCS' .tp2 showed that there are more _magee* issues.

Please DavidW confirm that the right course of action is to eliminate the extra "e" in these two following cases:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~override/dw#comp3.xxx~ THEN BEGIN
 COPY_EXISTING ~mendas3.cre~ ~override~
	WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~_magee6~ #8

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~override/dw#comp3.xxx~ THEN BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~venkt.cre~ ~override~
	WRITE_ASCII 0x258 ~_magee3~ #8

Thanks!

Archived