Damage/THAC0 vs. type

Guest Robocasper

Guest Robocasper

Ok...I give up!

I've looked at many items (such as the Pale Justice) that are supposed to have extra attack or thac0 against alignments or races, but I can't see that in the editors I use at all. I'm using Near Infinity and DLTCEP. I don't see it in BG1 or IWD1 -- what's the secret?

The only interesting thing I've observed is that the IWD1 weapons that do this don't have a Yes (2) to use strength for the weapon, but a Unknown (3) instead. Hmm...thanks for the help if it's out there...

I was trying to use Spell Effect: THAC0 vs. Creature Type Modifier [178] or Spell Effect: Damage vs. Creature Type Modifier [179], but they must really be for spells and not weapons [dang.]

dltcep should display 'use strength' correctly even if there are other bits set.

I think the first bit is the use strength bit, the (2) is unknown to me.

The pale justice thingie is strange, i'm not sure it is a correct item.

Or there is some secret. Thanks for pointing it out. I didn't know there is any item in iwd1 that should give IDS specific bonus. Is there any similar BG1 item?

#178 and #179 are equipping effects, and no, they are not for spells, they are for items. Just put them in the equipping header.

I think the first bit is the use strength bit, the (2) is unknown to me.
We had a discussion about this, like, yesterday. Bit 1 is the BG "break on hit" flag.

Or there is some secret. Thanks for pointing it out. I didn't know there is any item in iwd1 that should give IDS specific bonus. Is there any similar BG1 item?
There should be some werewolf items in Tales.

You want to look for "Use EFF file" effects and then look at the EFFs. I'm not aware of many (any?) items that apply the bonuses directly.

Guest Robocasper

That's what I'm saying -- ALL the items [bG1 & IWD1 - at least] that have a description of giving bonus damage and THAC0 to such and such DON'T -- including the supposed bonus Evil damage of the Pale Justice. Not specifically on the items anyway, so my question is: where exactly it this bonus hiding if it's not on the items themselves? My guess was that the EFF files had something to do with it, but I'm not sure how they work exactly. They all just seem to have a name of an item or creature on them and that's it.

Note I stated "bonus attack" on first post, but I meant damage :)

The damage from strength on items is either:

(1) No

(2) Yes

(3) Unknown

(4) Unknown

I noted that most items that are supposed to give bonus damage/thac0 are a (3) instead of the typical (2) for any melee weapons. Thanks for input so far...!

Archived