Problem with Original Saga

Guest Melemir

Guest Melemir

Hi, new in the forum. I tried the widescreenmod in my Baldur's Gate Original Saga but the program doesn't install ;) It says that there is no bg2.exe :) And when I tried it with the Planescape Torment earlier, it corrupted my .exe and had to reinstall. I know is a beta and all, but this versions (Original Saga and Planescape 2CD Version) figure on the supported versions, so I was wondering if I was doing something wrong :)

PS: The Planescape tweak also corrupted my .exe :D But the Icewind Dale ones rock :) I haven't tried the Baldur'2 (short for Baldur's Gate 2 :) ) one yet because I haven't finished the first one yet (don't like playing the secuel before the original :) )

WSM includes, in fact, a check to avoid executable corruption, and it is always possible to uninstall the mod. Unless OS does something strange, the executable for TotSC is called bgmain.exe. You should explain yourself better if you want any help.

Guest Melemir

OK, my bad. Actually it was BGmain2. In the install program, after I put the resolution (I tried 800x600 and 1024x768) the program says there is no supported BGmain2. it says literally "unsupported version". I like to keep my CDs unscratched so I downloaded a NoCD crack (though is not a BGmain2 or any .exe file replacement), maybe that is the problem? :)

Well, I double-click the exe and I automatically get the Windows error screen (that been with the Planescape TweakPak and the widescreenmod). With Baldur's Gate I can't even install the widescreenmod :)

Thus, you have a 'stupid' game crack (I.E. one that alters the size, not only the critical offsets). I can't help you with that. OTOH, on BWL discussion of game cracks is allowed, and there's a thread on how to create a CD to start all the IE games without the game CD.

As for PST, which OS are you running? A number of people can start correctly both the 2CD and the 4CD versions of the game.

Guest Melemir

Well, I had the feeling it was the cracks, but couldn't hurt asking, right? As for the Planescape I also have a crack, so it's probably the same thing. Thanks for the help, I'll check BWL :(

PS: Love the improve icons and animations of the Icewind Dale.

Strange...because I've tried this mod with Icewind Dale 2, BG2, and PST and used a no-cd crack and the widescreen mod worked just fine. Now I can't remember if I applied the crack before or after installing this mod.

D:\My Games\Baldur's Gate>widescreen\weidu-201-13.exe widescreen\widescreen.tp2
--log SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG --tlkout dialog.tlk --ftlkout dialogF.tlk --noautou
pdate
[widescreen\weidu-201-13.exe] WeiDU version 20113
This is a non-stable version. Unless you're sure about what you're doing, consid
er downgrading.
[widescreen\weidu-201-13.exe] Using scripting style "BG"

Install Component [Widescreen mod]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Widescreen mod]

Enter your X coordinate. It should be a number, >= 640.

Enter your Y coordinate. It should be a number, >= 480.

1280x800.

Are you sure? Y/N
y
Copying and patching 1 file ...
FAILURE:
Unsupported game.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [bgmain2.exe] -> [bgmain2.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unsupport
ed game."))

ERROR Installing [Widescreen mod], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [widescreen\widescreen.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled	  0 files for [widescreen\widescreen.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("Unsupported game.")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to The Bigg thebigg@spellholdstudio
s.net

Hello, I'm new here. I am trying to get the widescreen mod working with my BG + TotSC installation. I think it's Original Saga too (it's on DVD). Any idea how to get it to work?

It appears that the OS version is different from the others. Try installing the DX8 patch from Bioware's site and then installing WSM again. If the game doesn't get past the CD check, try inserting all the OS discs until you get one that is reckognized. If all CDs fail, email bgmain2.exe to me (address in WSM readme).

D:\My Games\Baldur's Gate>widescreen\weidu-201-13.exe widescreen\widescreen.tp2
--log SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG --tlkout dialog.tlk --ftlkout dialogF.tlk --noautou
pdate
[widescreen\weidu-201-13.exe] WeiDU version 20113
This is a non-stable version. Unless you're sure about what you're doing, consid
er downgrading.
[widescreen\weidu-201-13.exe] Using scripting style "BG"

Install Component [Widescreen mod]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Widescreen mod]

Enter your X coordinate. It should be a number, >= 640.

Enter your Y coordinate. It should be a number, >= 480.

1280x800.

Are you sure? Y/N
y
Copying and patching 1 file ...
FAILURE:
Unsupported game.
ERROR: [bgmain2.exe] -> [bgmain2.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unsupport
ed game."))

ERROR Installing [Widescreen mod], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [widescreen\widescreen.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled	  0 files for [widescreen\widescreen.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("Unsupported game.")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG to The Bigg thebigg@spellholdstudios.net

I have a same problem with Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga. Is there a solution to this problem?

Archived