The fight with Davaeorn

Ilyich

David, I believe that Davaeorn is a bit too easy. In the unmodded game he was a pain in the arse with his PfNM and constant teleporting. Now he just teleports to the nearest party member with no protections, which is suicide for a Mage. His Battle Horrors are easily taken out by any half decent ranged weapon user.

I think that Davaeorn should prebuff when the party enters the area but stay where he is until the Battle Horrors are dead, and his Battle Horrors move to attack the party at the same time to aid that Guard. This is justifiable if we assume the Guard called for aid and alerted Davaeorn to the presence of intruders. Perhaps three more Guards as well, because no leader of an outpost should have just three guards.

Also in an unrelated query, would it be possible to edit regular Full Plate Mail to be unaffected by the "Breakable Nonmagical Armour, Helms, and Shields" component of BG2 Tweaks, preferably without making it magical, ie, still allowing the use of Protection Items with it? (In the unmodded game, Magical Armour cannot be used with Protection Items) I believe the fact that there are only three suits of this armour in the entire game (Taugosz, Thunderhammer Smithy and the petrified Ogre in the Wyvern room of Durlag's Tower) shows that the armour was made before the Iron Crisis began, and is therefore unaffected by the taint.

Davaeorn isn't behaving how he's supposed to: it looks as if the latest version of SCS, which had to be modified in various places to merge with SCSBGT, has accidentally not done his buffing optimally. I'll fix it in the next version; sorry, in the meantime.

As for Full Plate, it's certainly technically possible (a problem for BG2-tweaks not for SCS I guess), but actually it's canonical in BG1 that the iron crisis (potentially) affects all iron, not just iron from the tainted sources. I forget where, but you can hear somewhere that "even iron found in old tombs" picks up the taint - I think the idea is that if your Full Plate gets struck by tainted iron, it gets tainted too.

Also, the Battle Horrors are not immune to missile weapons, unlike those that appear elsewhere, for example Durlag's Tower. Making them immune will increase the difficulty a lot, as it will take away the advantage of using an Archer with the Boots of Speed.

Also, the Battle Horrors are not immune to missile weapons, unlike those that appear elsewhere, for example Durlag's Tower. Making them immune will increase the difficulty a lot, as it will take away the advantage of using an Archer with the Boots of Speed.

Agreed. I incorporated this modification "for fairness's sake", but it was a mistake in hindsight. I'll revert it in the next release.

I've just gone through the Davaeorn fight in my own current playthrough - the (fixed) version seems OK, but obviously it's very difficult to tell how other people will find it!

I just happened to meet Daveorn. He was too easy. And now he's dead.

@Salk: Have you done anything in your bugfixes (I didn't notice it in your listing, but it had some flaws anyway so..) about this?

Shaitan,

as you can see just from the post above yours, I had asked DavidW to attach the revisited Davaeorn files but he probably could not do it so no, there is no fix for him in the updated .tp2.

Sorry.

Archived