Nitpicking

Guest erik

(OSX-scsII-v1.rar)

scsII/nonmagic/icon.zip is redundant, isn't it?

I notice that you check for PnP Celestials in the tp2... perhaps note in the readme that PnP Celestials should be installed before SCSII for best results?

You probably don't want to distribute the scsII/fiend/Demon*.mht and Devil*.mht files without a clearly marked license in the readme.

(OSX-scsII-v1.rar)

scsII/nonmagic/icon.zip is redundant, isn't it?

I notice that you check for PnP Celestials in the tp2... perhaps note in the readme that PnP Celestials should be installed before SCSII for best results?

You probably don't want to distribute the scsII/fiend/Demon*.mht and Devil*.mht files without a clearly marked license in the readme.

Yes to all. The icon.zip and *.mht files are left around from my writing process; they ought to have been deleted before distribution. Thanks.

Yes to all.

how critical is installing pnp celestials before scs2?

i am asking this as i am also installing refinements and pnp celestials needs to go after refinements and probably refinements should go after scs2.

so my order is: scs2 - refinements - pnp celestials.

Yes to all.

how critical is installing pnp celestials before scs2?

i am asking this as i am also installing refinements and pnp celestials needs to go after refinements and probably refinements should go after scs2.

so my order is: scs2 - refinements - pnp celestials.

Pretty unimportant. The only disadvantage of installing the "wrong" way around is that the AI won't realise that celestials are dangerous, and will treat them with the same contempt it normally treats non-PCs. Having said that, I also don't think it will matter if you install SCSII after Refinements, though admittedly I haven't tried it.

Basically, the AI for spellcasting / missile targetting is mostly bothered with PCs. It tends to assume that summons are supposed to get in the way, so it doesn't waste spells or arrows on them. Celestials are a different matter, though: they're actually worth taking seriously, so the AI has a stab at killing them.

More nitpicking, now that I'm slowly dipping my toes into the actual mod:

* The replace-+1-with-fine weapons component uses BG1 proficiencies in the descriptions.

* Faster Bears isn't listed in the readme.

... I'm planning to do a proper run through Chateau Irenicus, for once... I suspect I'll need it to get used to the difficulty :)

Archived