Component Suggestion

CamDawg

I remember there being a rule about subduing dragons by attacking them with the flat of your sword (or some other such nonsense), in order to get a wish granted by the dragon. The spirit of the rule was to give characters a way to fight dragons that would not kill the dragon and/or allow a dragon fight for which there was no valid roleplaying reason (i.e. a good party engaging a good dragon).

It'd be nice to see this applied to Adalon with a possible reward of some new magic item. Roleplaying-wise, she wouldn't do it prior to the resolution of her egg quest, but it'd still be a way for a party to take on a new tactical challenge (which I'm guessing many SCS II players may want :( ). It could be started via dialogue; just slap a minhp1 on Adalon for the duration and follow up the combat with another short dialogue.

I remember there being a rule about subduing dragons by attacking them with the flat of your sword (or some other such nonsense), in order to get a wish granted by the dragon. The spirit of the rule was to give characters a way to fight dragons that would not kill the dragon and/or allow a dragon fight for which there was no valid roleplaying reason (i.e. a good party engaging a good dragon).

It'd be nice to see this applied to Adalon with a possible reward of some new magic item. Roleplaying-wise, she wouldn't do it prior to the resolution of her egg quest, but it'd still be a way for a party to take on a new tactical challenge (which I'm guessing many SCS II players may want :( ). It could be started via dialogue; just slap a minhp1 on Adalon for the duration and follow up the combat with another short dialogue.

Cute... as you say I don't think it's realistic prior to her getting the egg quest resolved, but there might be a prospect after that.

Actually Adalon's one of the dragons I haven't got around to modifying, essentially because I always play good parties so I've tended to deprioritise evil-only encounters. This might be an incentive to get around to it!

Oh... that's ancient. I remember this being in my D&D basic set, in Norwegian, printed late eighties... (and still for sale, cheap, in game stores... someone was off-by-a-factor-of-10+ when estimating demand for the translation way back when)

I'm not sure why the rule was there, since the red book only contained rules for player characters up to level three... :(

Archived