Component Conflict w/ BGT

Chev

SCS Version 7

When installing 'Better NPC management' component along with 'Better calls for help', 'Better NPC management' doesn't work on a BGT install. NPCs won't rejoin the party. When installed without 'Better calls for help' it works just fine.

SCS Version 7

When installing 'Better NPC management' component along with 'Better calls for help', 'Better NPC management' doesn't work on a BGT install. NPCs won't rejoin the party. When installed without 'Better calls for help' it works just fine.

How odd. OK, will chase.

Hi David,

I just check and '~SETUP-SCSBGT.TP2~ #0 #22 // Better calls for help' of scsbgt_v4.4.rar does not have the conflict with '~SETUP-SCSBGT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Easier party NPC management: allow NPC pairs separation, NPCs go to inns'. I am not sure which component is causing the bug.

This typo prevents installation of the 'Better Calls for Help' component without the 'Smarter General AI' component.

ACTION_IF !(FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dw#18.xxx~) THEN BEGIN

COMPILE ~scs\genai\dw#olwdr.baf~ //should be 'a'

COMPILE ~scs\genai\dw#olwdr.baf~

COPY_EXISTING ~dw#olwda.bcs~ ~override\%tutu_scriptw%dasight.bcs~

COPY_EXISTING ~dw#olwdr.bcs~ ~override\%tutu_var%wdarsgt.bcs~

END

The 'BCfH' component alone screws up the leaving party dialogue. The offending script block is in WTASIGHT.BCS. I presume the same block in WTARSGT.BCS may also cause problems.

IF
 Global("helptarget","LOCALS",0)
 Global("inafight","LOCALS",0)
 !See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
NoAction()
END

Additionally, I don't see you using dw#tacor.bcs in the script block that appends these two scripts. You mention 'Step 2.5: modify the wtasight and wtarsgt blocks so that monsters have an active stop-calling-for-help step. This is only needed if smarter AI isn't also installed.', but smarter AI doesn't install this file.

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS ~override/dw#wtacor.bcs~ //check for smarter AI 
THEN BEGIN
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%tutu_scriptw%tasight.bcs~ ~scs/genai/stayput.baf~ 
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%tutu_var%wtarsgt.bcs~ ~scs/genai/stayput.baf~
END

Edit: Just wanted to add a small problem with the BGT version that probably doesn't deserve its own topic

In the 'Dark Side-based kobold upgrade' component "Nome Stikka" (dw#kob01.itm) sitll uses the Tutu icon ResRefs and so appears an invisible item in the game.

Archived