A problem with either level drain or chunking

Guest Truper

In the first battle between Shadow Thieves and a vampire, I watched the vampire kill the thieves as usual, and then discovered that of the thieves' three sets of loot, only one set survivived the battle. I didn't pay strict attention to how the thieves died, so I can only speculate that their items were destroyed either when they got chunked, or were level-drained to death. I never saw this with Baldurdash installed.

WinXp, ToB, fixpack v4 only mod installed.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I loaded the autosave, watched the battle again, and all three sets of items survived normally. I wanted that scroll of Stoneskin!

Yeah, there's an exploding state for level drain where you get gray particles (similar to petrification). If this occurs, the character explodes and their items are destroyed.

Similar to disintegration, freezing, and petrification, you have to reload and go through the fight again if you want the loot (as you saw, she doesn't always make them explode -- she can usually kill them before draining all their levels).

Thanks for the answers. I guess I'm a victim of chance here - I have watched the vampires kill thieves scores of times, but today was the first time I'd ever seen loot destroyed.

Archived