BG1 NPCs in IWD

Kulyok

You can't export a character from BG1-TUTU/BGT at least into IWD1. You will have to create him/her an imagine it's your very favorite Bhaalspawn. You might be able to export one from BG1 vanilla, I am not sure.

Do you want the NPCs to reflect everything that happened in BG1, especially the romances?

Will they refer to events in BG1? Certainly. Will there be flirting and romantic stuff? Of course. Will they refer to every single thing? Nah. I may not have a plan, and I may not know where exactly I want to go, or where I'll end up, but I know it's going to be entertaining.

Another thing is that it also have to fit with BG2 and not run ahead of its material. And not duplicate it, because just how many banters about all the same by the same characters...

I don't think it's a problem at all - I want to hear my old companions and friends talking, and there're always new areas to explore, in both senses.

What levels are your NPCs and your PC at after BG? Do I get to keep my equipment and, if no, why not? Do they?

IWD's got no idea which equipment you had/which level you were at the end of BG1. This is especially true if you play Tutu conversion or BGT conversion, since IWD doesn't have sorcerers/BG2 kits/etc - a modder(let's assume it is me) has to create .cre files from scratch. You'll be able to choose a level, though - this is done easily enough.

You do realize it has already been done, right? It's called Never Ending Journey by Vlad at BlackWyrmLair. I'm playing it now and, except for the monsters being way overpowered and a trivial amount of extra content, is identical to IWD1. It starts in Irenicus' dungeon so you have Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, and Shar-Teel.

The real reason I mention it is that Horred the Plague at Spellhold wrote a program for Vlad that converted IWD1 to BG2 much like BG1Tutu does. If you could get your claws (hands, sorry) on that it should make your project much easier.

IWD happens 30 or so years before Drizzt comes to Amn or something right? Im not quite sure, but i know its 30 years and something to do with Drizzt. i read in somewhere, man i wsih i knew what i was talking about better, IWD manual?

but i see Kulyok has a specific date for us. 1281

Id like to see something like this none the less, but i think it might have to be more along the lines of random bantering NPCs, not the ones from BG. though personally i dont care either way. talking NPCs in IWD, im all for it.

Hmm ... so it looks like it is likely to be the "staples" Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Kivan, Xan, etc. well basically the NPC's who pre-exist or have been modded into BG2.

I suppose I can see why, but I was kind of hoping some of the lesser known BG1 NPC's would be given a chance to shine.

Oh well if I get a spare couple of years I suppose I could always try learning to mod myself ...

I'm indeed gathering intelligence in this topic. :) If I close my eyes and dream a little, I would say that I'd like to try my hand with a team of twelve: Ajantis, Branwen, Coran, Dynaheir, Edwin, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Kivan, Minsc, Viconia, Xan. This may sound ambitious - the game isn't this big, though.

However, there's a NPC mod I'm coding presently(with an optional romance for a female PC) for someone else, and whenever jcompton sends anything Nalia de'Arnise my way, I'm going to jump on that, as well, so IWD NPC will not be released overnight. But, yep, I'm intent on making it happen.

Archived