Rizdaer Epilogue (Here there be SPOILERS!)

Jazhara7

Okay, I finally managed to finish the game (for the first time ever, after getting stumped due to a bug in the Magma Chamber, four years ago. Incidentally, I got stumped there again this time around. Luckily, I managed to find a solution by manually triggering the scripts that didn't work...only took me four days, too. :D:p ), and I have to say, I greatly enjoyed it.

However, I was a bit surprised by Rizdaers epilogue. I got the one where my PC murders her father. "Whikey-Tango-Foxtrott?!" was my first reaction. I mean, sure, you can't know that I imagine my PC's father a bit more understanding, so no complaint there...but I thought it was a bit crass for my Chaotic Good Tenebrae to murder him and exile the rest of her family because of money. Especially since she always spoke highly of her father when talking to Sir Nord or anyone about him.

So I took a look at that part in the toolset yesterday, and saw that there was a variable "RizdaerCorrupted". I had no clue from where that might have been. Only this morning did I remember the part where Rizdaer suggested to tell her about Drow intrigues. My PC did say that she'd hear him out, but I didn't expect it to have that big of an impact. :D My PCs tend to remain, or at least try to, pretty much objective, similar to me (I'm not perfect, of course. But I try to remain objective at all times, and see things from the other person's objective. It's something that was only reinforced by having Human Geography lessons in school. Keck, this morning I've done a discussion in my head about how, in a way, everyone's to blame for how the Drow are, not only the Drow themselves, and by now it's so long gone that most people have forgotten how this all happened - and I wasn't even properly awake yet.). So she'd hear him out, ponder on his view and experiences in her mind, and keep it in mind when dealing with him, as it would help him understand him and his actions better. She might adopt some of the ideas she finds of use, but she killing her father for not liking her boyfriend?! She was aware that he would not be pleased, but she'd try to reason with him, and not kill him.

I'm not saying she's incorruptible, far from it. But had I realised that listening to him would bring such a 180° turn in her personality, I would not have listened to Rizdaer in that one conversation. :p

Maybe you could somehow make it more clear that this would influence the PC to such a great degree. I sadly can't think of a way myself, so I realise it's probably tricky without breaking the immersion, but could you at least try? I took a look at the other epilogues, and some of them agreed a lot better with my idea of what my PC would do (that's the one where she follows him, and the one where they leave together.). I don't so much mind the setting up of Luskan and Neverwinter for a war, because a little corruption has to be, though my PC might operate a bit more secretly, eroding Neverwinter in general, without ever bringing the cities to full out war...or maybe she would, who knows?

Now, if my PC were Chaotic Neutral, that would be entirely different. I've realised that basically, Chaotic Neutral is much more scary than either Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Good. The Lawful alignments are much too predictable, as are the ones that have a set "Good" or "Evil". Even the "True Neutral" can be calculated mostly, even though it can be annoying. But Chaotic Neutral is dedicated to to neither Good nor Evil, *and* the Chaotic in combination with that is completely unpredictable. So "Chaotic Neutral" is a wildcard in my eyes, which is a lot more scary than even Chaotic Evil, from which you can at least expect them to be mostly evil.

So yeah, if I had a Chaotic Neutral PC, she might very well kill her father.

So all in all, I enjoyed the mod a lot, even though this ending was a bit of a shock.

- :(;):p:D:):):D

It was discussed here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=10619

I actually starting to like the reaction it causes. I feel that otherwise the romance with him is too 'safe'. I'll take a look at PC's option though and maybe color the refusal options a bit more, ie Drow ways? The ways of corruption, murder etc, etc, etc. No, thank you. Would that give you a less subtle hint that you should not be commiting to something like a drow teacher quite so off-handedly :(

It was discussed here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=10619

I actually starting to like the reaction it causes. I feel that otherwise the romance with him is too 'safe'. I'll take a look at PC's option though and maybe color the refusal options a bit more, ie Drow ways? The ways of corruption, murder etc, etc, etc. No, thank you. Would that give you a less subtle hint that you should not be commiting to something like a drow teacher quite so off-handedly ;)

Don't get me wrong, I do admire that you so successfully shocked us with this sudden realisation that, even though we love them, we should still be wary, at least if they're from a society like the Drow's (like I said, I am not perfect. For a second there I forgot to keep in mind one of the most important things of staying objective, fair and accepting/understanding, is to remember that the person you're dealing with will most likely have a pretty much selfish attitude [we *all* are selfish, there's no denying that.], and might even take advantage of your trust). So I tip my hat to you, for a job well done.

I guess it really was a bit naïve of me. No one ever wants to believe that they can be naïve. But I can't deny the truth. :(

In any case, yes, changing the refusal option in that way might help. Thank you for understanding. :p

- :D:):):D:p:p:D

I added a few extra options that might place a bit more emphasis on the idea that it is unsafe to give in to a drow. They are posted in the translation thread, so if anyone is curious they can check them out, and if they are still not colorful enough, I am open to suggestions :(

I added a few extra options that might place a bit more emphasis on the idea that it is unsafe to give in to a drow. They are posted in the translation thread, so if anyone is curious they can check them out, and if they are still not colorful enough, I am open to suggestions :(

I took a look at them, and yes, they are perfect. Thank you!

- ;):p:D:) :) :D:p

Archived