Mods Installed:

BG2 Fixpack V4

Alternative BG2 Music

Accension

WeiDu Log:

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun

~ACEALTMUSIC/SETUP-ACEALTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGII Alternate Soundtrack

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

Description of Problem:

Item Boots of Speed under tag: BOOT01 does not provide said effects of Equipped Ability : increases movement rate

There is no change in speed whatsoever for anyone wearing them, spells such as Haste sometimes work as per normal. While the Haste effect has been removed, there still is no change for those that do not have normal enhanced speed of monks or barbarians.

This is unbalanced by the fact, enemies such as Illasera still are under the effects of permanent haste, and move far more quickly without the aid of the spell.

Couldn't see this issue anywhere else, sorry for all the formality, not my usual way of posting y'know? :(

Anyways, this could do with a bit more tweaking to keep the item useful. ;)

Oops, must've missed that by accident. :(

My mistake, sorry. ;)

Yes, the Boots of Speed work without Free Action also equipped.

Was a bit confusing however as the only thing I was aware of was Free Action against Stun, I checked the document files made and didn't see it.

Anyway, again I'm sorry for this misinformation.

Free Action protects against most effects dealing with movement (hold, slow, haste, web, grease, etc.). The various sources weren't equivalent and didn't provide comprehensive immunities in the original game, so you'd sometimes get hasted or have a movement rate bonus if you had Free Action from certain items and spells (and other times, the haste would be blocked); they should behave more predictably with the fixpack.

Per one of the game designers, it doesn't defend against stun (which is supposed to be classified as a mental effect) -- the game was always inconsistent here (some sources of Free Action protected from stun while others didn't), and I believe we have an optional component to restore stun immunity to all the items and spells granting Free Action (so you can choose which behavior you prefer).

Archived