Ascension

Guest!

I've noticed some weird stuff while playing Ascension + SCSII, but I'm not sure whether it's intended behavior or not.

• Illasera is a total pushover. She never uses any of her abilities (no etheralness, no hardiness, nothing), just keeps firing arrows, even when engaged in melee.
  • Yaga Shura has no SCSII specific script and looks generally unchanged (from Ascension). I'm pointing this out because the readme states that all of the Five went through some overhaul process.
  • Abazigal just stands there picking his nose until the party gets within his line of sight, and then attacks in melee but doesn't cast any spells. Tamah is nowhere to be seen, she just doesn't spawn.
  • Balthazar, like Yaga Shura, doesn't appear to have a specific script either.

I have yet to fight Melissan plus the Five, if there's something wrong with my install I'd rather fix it before going on.

Can't comment on the rest but Illasera used etherealness several times for me, sounds like you might have a bug somewhere there. I didn't spot her using any HLA like Hardiness or Whirlwind though.

She still wasn't really hard but that is mostly due to the fact that she kept on shooting her arrows even at targets protected by PfMW.

I haven't tried the others yet, but will probably get to Yaga-Shura today.

Weidu log was posted here.

By the way, I started a new ToB game for testing purposes and Illasera behaved as she should, so either I killed her too fast the first time or the uninstall/reinstall process I went through actually fixed it. The rest of the funkiness with the Five still persists, though.

Oh man, I messed it up. At that time I didn't have Ascension installed. Later I unistalled SCSII, installed Ascension and reinstalled SCSII on top (well before ToB). Anyway, current log follows. Sorry for the inconvenience... I'm kinda absent-minded.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks

~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ #0 #0 // ;):( ->

~SETUP-LUIZMODS.TP2~ #0 #0 // BUGFIX: Fix the vocal interjections of Neutral NPCs

~SETUP-LUIZMODS.TP2~ #0 #7 // TWEAK: Beautified Robe of Vecna -> Necrotic

~SETUP-LUIZMODS.TP2~ #0 #13 // KIT: Luiz's Blackguard fighter kit

~SETUP-LUIZMODS.TP2~ #0 #14 // GRAPHICS: Blackguard Portraits

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Ritual (requires ToB)

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Sahuagin City

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Bodhi

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #9 // "Red Badge" Poison-Based Encounter

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #18 // Kensai Ryu's Random Wilderness Encounters

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Copper Coronet

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #37 // Streamlined Trolls

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Cleric Kits

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #30 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #40 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #60 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy Harm spells reduce target to 1 hit point; player Harm spells do 150 hp of damage

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #70 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #80 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #110 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #114 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #130 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #140 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #150 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #155 // Replace +1 magical weapons with Fine ones

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #160 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #170 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #175 // Faster Bears

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #184 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 120,000 gold pieces

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #190 // Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #220 // Smarter general AI

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #230 // Better calls for help

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #235 // Potions for NPCs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #238 // Improved Spiders

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #240 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have fast, uninterruptable innate magic

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #250 // Smarter genies -> Genies have fast, uninterruptable innate magic

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #260 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have fast, uninterruptable innate magic

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #270 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have fast, uninterruptable innate magic

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #281 // Smarter beholders -> Upgrade the beholders found in the hive in the Underdark (borrowed from Quest Pack)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #290 // Smarter mind flayers

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #300 // Smarter githyanki

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #310 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #320 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #330 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #341 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> All ToB mages who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #351 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> All ToB priests who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #361 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> All SoA mages who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #371 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> All SoA priests who can cast 9th-level spells get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #380 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix")

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #385 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #387 // Improved Shade Lord

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #403 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Maximum difficulty

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #410 // Improved minor encounters [almost no content yet]

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #415 // Give SCS II style AI to Ascension enemies

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #420 // Ease-of-use party AI

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #430 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic)

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Ascension-specific dialogue (Requires WeiDU Ascension, v1.4.12 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Alternate Kelsey portrait set #2 by Karse Soze (hooded Kelsey) (set 3 of 3)?

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Chosen of Cyric encounter

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Shadow Thief Improvements

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter both from Kelsey and other NPCs)

~SLIGHTLYIMPROVEDILYICH/SLIGHTLYIMPROVEDILYICH.TP2~ #1 #1 // Slightly Improved Ilyich -> Slightly Improved Ilyich&Faster Second Floor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3140 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Originals from EoU (Karzak, Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs

Just uninstalled "Give SCS II style AI to Ascension enemies" and the fight with Abazigal works normally, so I guess it's a SCSII issue.

... or more likely some sort of compatibility issue - it still works fine on my system. I haven't had a chance to chase it, sorry.

Just uninstalled "Give SCS II style AI to Ascension enemies" and the fight with Abazigal works normally, so I guess it's a SCSII issue.

... or more likely some sort of compatibility issue - it still works fine on my system. I haven't had a chance to chase it, sorry.

OK, let's look at this in more detail.

i) Illasera: working now, I think?

ii) Yaga-Shura: can you confirm he's not using an SCSII script? (It probably won't be obvious in-game, he doesn't have any flashy new powers or anything.)

iii) Abazigal: does Tamah not spawn at all, or just not until Abazigal changes into a dragon?

iv) Balthazar: unchanged by SCSII, as I noted.

Checked everything more thoroughly and all works fine, looks like it was a false alarm. A thing about Abazigal puzzles me, though: in my current run, he wouldn't die. I reloaded a few times, and he still wouldn't die, so I thought that maybe his script was missing the block that triggers his death dialogue, and in fact pasting it from his vanilla script on top of his SCSII script solved the problem, but then I tested the battle in a clean install (Ascension + SCSII) and it worked normally, so perhaps there's a compatibility issue with some other mod in the list.

I just got to the end of ToB and I didn't see Tamah in Abazigal's lair at all

I found him to be pretty much a push over where this used to be one of the toughest fights with the Improved Abazigal, the four dragons in a row when I left the cave was a much better fight. I assume that fight was suppose to be before I killed Abazigal but I got the rope off the monk's corpse so I didn't meet the other dragons at the right time

Is SCSII responsible for taking Imoen from the party in the Throne of Bhaal and turning her into the Slayer?

I just got to the end of ToB and I didn't see Tamah in Abazigal's lair at all

That's weird. You did have "tougher Abazigal" installed from Ascension?

Is SCSII responsible for taking Imoen from the party in the Throne of Bhaal and turning her into the Slayer?

No, Ascension is.

Yeah I had all the Ascension components installed. I was suprised by the lack of Tamah and because Abazigal was thrown down with ease unlike any other time I have faced him in the past. Firkragg would have kicked his ass.

That's weird about Imoen I've never seen that behavior before, every other time I've played Imoen had gained the power to turn into the Slayer herself upon reaching a certain level of XP and Charname had the ability to turn into the Ravager at some point. On this last play through that didn't happen.

Before I've always played with Imoen in the party and I've never before had the horror of losing her without anyway to stop it when I reached the Throne of Bhaal.

Perhaps the Ascension mod has changed since last time I installed it? Or is it another mod? I didn't think I had any installed that changed the end of ToB besides Ascension and the SCSII AIs

Another thing I noticed is that every time I was granted Bhaappowers from the pocket plane challenges I received two uses per day instead of one that's not SCSII though

Now that I've finished this run I'm going to clean out my install and reinstall a few mods to play through again to see what happens this time.

Archived