Hey, congratulations folks!

Nythrun

Look at all the nice things that happen while I'm gone :(

I'm not going to have computer access again until Friday, so I'm out for a bit. I still however am willing to help with working around bigg's COPY_KIT madness and taking one last wend through the possible compatibility issues.

See you soon. Well, read ;)

HOLY SH*T!

A few days of hectic work, no check-y the forums, and then BAM!

Thanks to CamDawg and all for (finally) setting up a forum area for us.

{Sorry CD, just had to add that little 'finally' dig :) }

Fair enough--but for the longest time I could also never get an answer as to whether w actually had a package that was finalized. :)

HOLY SH*T!

A few days of hectic work, no check-y the forums, and then BAM!

Thanks to CamDawg and all for (finally) setting up a forum area for us.

{Sorry CD, just had to add that little 'finally' dig :) }

Fair enough--but for the longest time I could also never get an answer as to whether w actually had a package that was finalized. :)

Bad cmorgan. Bad dog.

Well, technically, it is still beta and has been for ages. And now there's three 3 different versions of the readme to reconcile: the one in which I fixed typos, cmorgan's included with the package and CamDawg's which is on the website (both based on the uncorrected version) :). But I guess that's minor as compared with finally having a forum and an official hosting site.

And our Mistress of Spells will be back around soon to check on code stuff, so we should probably get a ReadMe that standardizes information together so that when v1 comes out (awaiting Nythrun's check of everything) and sets it up :)

Miloch or Azazello, if you have the time to do so, could you grab the three readme versions, and compare against the release package? If we can come up with a nice clean single version, it will help out immensely.

Miloch or Azazello, if you have the time to do so, could you grab the three readme versions, and compare against the release package? If we can come up with a nice clean single version, it will help out immensely.
Yeah, I'll do it. In fact I was doing it already, but it's a bit difficult to diff and compare HTML code, so I guess I'll just end up eyeballing it. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't yet *another* version being worked on somewhere that would overwrite my changes... :)

While you're at it, you might want to remove the following warning from the "Known Issues" section of the readme:

Q: vagrant_winds, Oct 17 2007, 05:47 PM:

After the 1st component of lvl1npcs is installed, when starting a new game and choosing <CHARNAME>'s class, if I chose Assassin, all alignments at the "Alignment" screen would be greyed-out out and non-selectable, meaning character creation was unable to finish with that kit. Until an alignment is chosen, the "Next" button is unelectable to continue on to rolling Attributes... and there's no allignment to select. It's possible that this could be a conflict between 1lv1npcs and Avenger's Rogue Rebalancing. I've had the same issue weather or not lvl1npcs is installed first or near the end, but I do not recall if I've had an install with lvl1npcs that hasn't had Agenger's Rogue Rebalancing on it too.

AFAIK, the potential incompatibility with Rogue Rebalancing (re: Assassins) has been debunked via testing.

Archived