Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

You will need to manually create the Override folder if it does not already exist.
GS install program is expecting that tlk file will be in the main directory, where it was in original BG2. Apparently you can run BG2EE if tlk file is back in main directory.

Twelve EE files are not covered by the original mod, usually you just give the GS a listing based upon that for the Sorceror or Dragon Disciple, exceptions to this are marked by an asterisk.
Affected files are:
Clascolr.2da
Clasiskl.2da
Clastext.2da*
Clasthac.2da
Clsrcreq.2da
Clswpbon.2da
Hpclass.2da
Numwslot.2da
Thiefscl.2da

K_S_E.2da*
K_S_H.2da*
K_S_HE.2da*

Aataqah.dlg is no longer needed, now that the Sorceror class has its own K_@_@.2da files.
File ca#dsor.2da needs to be replaced by the new version that I listed in post 163.

GS install program is expecting that tlk file will be in the main directory, where it was in original BG2.

Just update the weidu.exe that the setup-*modname*.exe is, by manually downloading the Windows Binary-archive from here. Extract it to the game folder, and then remove the file and rename the file as setup-*modname*.exe. Easy. Yeah, that's the problem with the old weidu mods and EE, the weidu.exe in them is not made to edit the correct dialog.tlk. Or have any of the EE compatible mods already in the game folder, as that will do the update automatically when the file is ran.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I tried to patch up the existing mod but the setup-druidsor.exe program refused this:

// PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da

~K_S_E.2da K_S_H.2da K_S_HE.2da~

Debug file said: Resource [K_S_E.2da.2DA] not found in KEY file: [./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

I don't think setup-druidsor.exe can append text to a file not found in Chitin key of original BG2.

Edited by Ishad Nha

And, for the sake of clarity, you presumably are editing the .tp2 file (which is the Weidu script that governs the mod installation) and not the .exe file (which is just the Weidu executable that calls the .tp2 script)...

I feel like there is some reinventing of the wheel going on here, making things more difficult than they need to be. To see how the Weidu ADD_KIT command works (which is what this mod uses, and which is being edited) you can review this tutorial:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34119/how-to-making-kit-mods-for-the-ee/p1

Edited by subtledoctor

I would not know how to edit the program!

"Use this instead: ~K_S_E K_S_H K_S_HE~"
That worked. Fourteen files down, nine to go.

There are two ways to handle this: rework the original code or modify existing code for some EE mod.
I am trying to rework the original code and I still can't append text to files that are purely EE, that are not found in original game's Chitin.key file.

This mod would be viable in BG1:EE and maybe original BG1 too. Need to remove higher level spells and HLAs.

Edited by Ishad Nha

I would not know how to edit the program! Fourteen files down, nine to go.

I still can't append text to files that are purely EE.

Clascolr.2da
Clasiskl.2da
Clasthac.2da
Clsrcreq.2da
Clswpbon.2da
Hpclass.2da
Numwslot.2da
Thiefscl.2da 
???.

EDIT:

Answer, I can't attach file to the forum, get a copy of the "fl#add_kit_ee.tpa" file from another mod, set it into mod folder, for example into: DruidSor/lib/

And use it this way after ADD_KIT command via:

SAY @102 // this line is in the original v4 mods .tp2 files line 875
INCLUDE ~DruidSor/lib/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~

LAF fl#add_kit_ee
   STR_VAR
     kit_name = CA#DSORC
END
The extended files you have, are not needed, as this will extend the existing files in the game when the mod is installed. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

:jump:

Success!
I deleted the original Druid Sorceror setup program, setup-druidsor.exe, and replaced it with the DivineRemix program, setup-divine_remix.exe. DR program was given the name of the GS program. Now everything seems to be running smoothly.
I will need to check out the pictures and see how they work or don't.
Currently, Quick Spell Slots still has the problem with the number of spells available being set to 0 when the party rests, but that is a minor annoyance. (By definition GS violates the number of spells known table, this may be part of the problem.)

I just sent a message to Caedwyr, though he has not been active in these forums for three years now.

Edited by Ishad Nha

There is a problem with the portrait not returning to the natural form. It affects both Protagonist and NPCs. Problem only affects the natural form portrait. Problem only affects portraits, it does not affect Inventory paper dolls or the PC's animation in the adventure screen.

In the Change Portrait Effect the relevant entries should read like this:

Timing Mode Instant/Limited - 0
Dispel/Resistance Not dispel/bypass resistance (2)
Duraton 3600000

Edited by Ishad Nha

Quote from "How-to: Converting existing mods to the EE engine"
gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26671
"Portraits
Given that EE is written for a larger screen by default, the small and medium size portraits have been bumped up. The epilogue portrait remains 210x330, but the medium portrait is now 169x266 (from 110x170 in BG/BG2) and the small 54x84 (from 38x60 in BG/BG2)."

Large/medium portraits seemed to work okay already. Only the small portraits needed to be resized. So I took the BG2 medium portraits, 110x170, and downsized them to 54x84.
IrfanView enabled resizing of portraits in batches:
File -> Batch Conversion/Rename
Check box next to "Use advanced options(for bulk resize...". Then choose an output folder that is different to the input folder.
Manually alter the final M in each file name to an S. Once you have altered the first name, the Tab key speeds up going from portrait to portrait.

That seems to be it!

A quick test showed mod could work on BG1EE. Adding a file called MEL01.CRE to the override folder enabled the install to happen even though Throne of Bhaal could not be installed on BG1EE.

Edited by Ishad Nha

A quick test showed mod could work on BG1EE. Adding a file called MEL01.CRE to the override folder enabled the install to happen even though Throne of Bhaal could not be installed on BG1EE.

Try setting this:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mel01.cre~ @2 /* TOB Check prior to compiling.*/

To be:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mel01.cre~ @2 UNLESS GAME_IS ~bgee~

You of course have to have a weidu.exe erhm up from ~v235, but that's obvious.

"Try setting this:
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mel01.cre~ @2 /* TOB Check prior to compiling.*/
To be:
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mel01.cre~ @2 UNLESS GAME_IS ~bgee~"
It occurred to me that the ToB check may no longer be relevant, in Original BG2 Throne of Bhaal was an optional add-on. Hence you could have Shadows of Amn installed but not ToB.
By contrast, in BG2EE, Throne of Bhaal is a part of the overall game, it is always installed.

In BG1EE the HLA files are there, even though they won't be used in actual practice. Hence installation proceeds smoothly.

"Install Component [Portraits for Druidic Shapeshifting
DO NOT INSTALL THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE THE KIT TO A NPC]?"
This warning seems unnecessary too, portraits are easily changed by NPCs in BG#EE.

Wrap a list of changes made so people can translate to languages other than English and French.