Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Guest mars0124

Sorry to keep pestering everyone, but I'd really like to get this spell working. It's a fantastic kit that I solo'd through BGTutu, and am now in the Underdark.

Ignore my previous post about the default Shambling Mound spell working fine: its obvious that it would as it considered a completely different creature, rather than just a different spell. I am only starting to learn these things as I am trying to see a pattern...

Using the InfinityEditor and changing the Shambling Mound spell so that it only has the level 1 option rather than 1,2,3 reveals the same results as before. So I would think the issue lies in the CA#SHM.bcs file. But again, I have never looked at any of these things before today.

Does anyone know of a way to disable HLAS through any editors?

Quick heads-up: If attempting to use a Heal spell to cure Raevilin Strathi of his insanity in the Underdark, please have a Cleric or a Druid cast it. The GeoSorc version won't cure him. (Side note: Imprison spells suck. :) )

Also true for the mad Elf in Watcher's Keep.

Edited by RavenBlack

Hello :(

I have sent two messages to Caedwyr to ask to him if i can make a french translation of the geomantic sorcerer, but the messages doesn't appair in the "sent items box", so i don't know if he really receive them.

So i ask here, hopping Caedwyr will read : can i try to add a french translation ?

Have a good day :(

Guest Silencer150

I have encountered a bug that prevents me from exporting my Geomantic Sorcerer. My character is level 17 right now, and the kit seems to create a corrupt / unreadable character file. Every time I try to import the character, Windows gives me an error tone and the game locks up. I suspect the game doesn't know how to import the additional priest spells that the kit includes. This is even more perplexing because I had no problem exporting / importing the very same character when he was level 16.

The mods I have installed are:

Geomantic Sorcerer (obviously)

Ascension

Tactics

Item Upgrade

BG2 Fixpack

BG2 Tweaks

PnP Celestials

Oversight

Tower of Deception

It could be one of the other mods causing the problem, but I have no issues importing other classes of characters. It's only the GeoSorc character that causes the crash, and only after reaching a certain level. If there's something I can do to fix this, any help would be appreciated, because I don't want to abandon this great mod just yet.

Guest Silencer150

Okay, I finally figured out what I did wrong.

The Geomantic Sorcerer mod is not compatible with the BG2 Tweakpack's "Weapon Styles for All" feature, or any of the Tweakpack's other weapon proficiency features such as "Universal Clubs." Upon character creation, I had given my Sorcerer 1 point in Quarterstaff and 2 points in Two-Handed Weapon Style, figuring that it would be nice to get extra critical hits if I ever decided to go melee. When the GeoSorc mod converted my Sorcerer to a Geomantic Sorcerer, the weapon style categories were closed off, but the proficiency points remained. This caused an error when I tried to import my character, because the game didn't know how to read the "hanging" proficiency points.

I used Shadowkeeper to remove the 2 points I had in Two-Handed Weapon Style and moved them into Dart and Sling, respectively. Now my Geomantic Sorcerer exports just fine without any errors.

Guest Diogene

Good evening, I have a concern with the geomantic sorcerer. I began a new game and I have at once create the book of geomancy. But once on two my portrait does not change and I have access to nobody druid's capacities, or spells.

I have this intallation:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #2 // BONUS MERCHANTS. These are the two bonus merchants from the original BioWare Collector’s Edition CD.

~SETUP-BDTOBV166.TP2~ #0 #4 // RESTORED DAK'KON'S BLADE

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Geomantic Sorcerer Kit: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Portraits for Druidic Shapeshifting DO NOT INSTALL THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE THE KIT TO A NPC: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Portraits for Druidic Shapeshifting DO NOT INSTALL THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE THE KIT TO A NPC -> Male PCs: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Male Humanoid Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> mElf3 (Elf caster type, closeup) - By Amaurea: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #20 // Bear Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> oBear1 (Dark Brown looking over shoulder) - By Amaurea: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #23 // Cat Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> oCat1 (Yellow and orange mottled with white bib) - By Amaurea: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #26 // Dog Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> oDog1 (Grey Hound) - By Amaurea: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #29 // Leopard Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> oLeop1 (Leopard) - By Amaurea: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #32 // Male Moose Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> omMoo1 (Moose with head down) - By Amaurea: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #38 // Panther Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> oPan1 (Shiny black panther) - By Amaurea: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #41 // Rat Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> oRat1 (Beige Rat) - By Amaurea: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #44 // Snake Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> oSnak1 (Snake raising head off grass) - By Amaurea: v3

~DRUIDSOR/SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #47 // Wolf Form Portrait (Refer to the Readme's Portrait section to view the portraits) -> oWolf1 (White wolf) - By Amaurea: v3

~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB

~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #2 #0 // Rolles Safyer

~SETUP-DOS.TP2~ #1 #0 // Desecration of Souls 2.6

~SETUP-THOGHMA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Quete au service d'Oghma

~SETUP-FR_ROV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Freedom's Reign (SoA or ToB)

~SETUP-FR_ROV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Reign of Virtue (ToB)

~KITANYA/SETUP-KITANYA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kitanya Conversation/Romance Mod for BG2

~KITANYA/SETUP-KITANYA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Wizardslayer Bugs Fix

~SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tsujatha v9 (BG2:SoA NPC) created by Sillara of the Tamari

~SETUP-VIRTUE.TP2~ #1 #0 // Vertu

Guest Silencer150

I have a few more comments and a couple of issues to report.

First, I really miss Improved Alacrity, as it was the centerpiece of my strategy when playing as a vanilla Sorcerer. The only way it's available is through a Wish option if I get lucky. I assume it was left out for balance reasons, since IA would make the GeoSorc incredibly overpowered once (s)he hit 3 million exp. Still, I'd rather have it than damage / time spells like Torrential Cacophony or Fiery Cataclysm (which I consider cheese combat anyway). Might it be possible to feature IA as some sort of "final" HLA that's only available to the GeoSorc once you've progressed through all four branches?

Second, a couple of the spells that the Spell Enhancement HLA adds do not function properly (e.g. per their descriptions):

Otiluke's Consistently Resilent Sphere does make the target immune to all physical damage (I tested one on Imoen to find out) but NOT to elemental or spell damage. As a result, when I tried to use it to protect nearby civilians from harm before a battle started, they still got roasted. I suspect the reason for this is that it relies on the 100% magic resistance to stop spell damage, but there are spells that ignore MR. Also, the resistances it's supposed to confer don't always show up, and sometimes they don't appear at all. There are times I've cast the spell and it does nothing but hold the target.

Delayed Blast Explosion doesn't act as a trap at all, rather it detonates immediately, regardless of whether anyone is standing close by. I'm also getting a weird animation glitch in that it uses the Entangle animation rather than the Fireball animation. It still deals the right amount of fire damage, but it acts more like a normal Fireball.

Guest Silencer150

I almost forgot to mention this as well.

Immunity to Level 1 Spells literally does grant you immunity to all level 1 spells, including beneficial ones such as Bless and Remove Fear. It's the same deal as with the Globe of Invulnerability spells, only those can be dispelled, whereas this ability can't be "shut off" if you want to benefit from level 1 spells. If this can't be changed to discriminate between harmful and beneficial spells, then perhaps a description update is in order to inform players that it blocks beneficial spells?

First, I really miss Improved Alacrity, as it was the centerpiece of my strategy when playing as a vanilla Sorcerer...Might it be possible to feature IA as some sort of "final" HLA that's only available to the GeoSorc once you've progressed through all four branches?
I don't think that you might wish to do that cause most of the enemies, at least the high level mages etc. in IA are immune to Time Stop, so they'll slather all the rest of your party while you get nothing but few stunned NPCs.

Delayed Blast Explosion doesn't act as a trap at all, rather it detonates immediately, regardless of whether anyone is standing close by. I'm also getting a weird animation glitch in that it uses the Entangle animation rather than the Fireball animation. It still deals the right amount of fire damage, but it acts more like a normal Fireball.
What other mods do you have installed, cause some might cause those kinds of incompatibilities... So copy us your WeiDU.log's content once it has been opened with Noteopad.
When I installed the game, the class wasn't available from my kits list under druid, sorcs dont have kits, so where is it?
Read the readme... and you'll find out that you need to create a Sorcerer with:

- 13 Wisdom, 9 Charisma.

- Must be of any Neutral alignment.

And then CLUAConsole yourself CA#AGEO item, and then use it. With this:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("CA#AGEO")

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Guest Cantrip

Is there any way to turn Kelsey into a Geomantic Sorcerer? I really want to, but the Level 1 NPCs MOD doesn't account for him, so I'm trying CLUAConsole and ShadowKeeper, yet nothing seems to work. Will I have to manually abilities?

Please help.

Is there any way to turn Kelsey into a Geomantic Sorcerer? I really want to, but the Level 1 NPCs MOD doesn't account for him, so I'm trying CLUAConsole and ShadowKeeper, yet nothing seems to work. Will I have to manually abilities?

Please help.

Did you try SK to get the Tome of the Geomantic Sorcerer (it's either in books or misc), put it into his quick slot and have him "read" it? I know it works for a sorcerer PC, but I don't know about modded NPC's.

I have, and it doesn't work. Puff of smoke and that's all it does. I've read the previous posts, and it's apparently a known (if oddly appled) "bug".

Here is what helped for me: Click the book, save the game, load the game.

Don't know why though..