congratulations and a question

Guest John

This is great news. I've used the betas since they were released ages ago (as well as Blucher's original mod) and have had fun with them. I just d/led beta v 7 and will use it in my next game.

I did want to ask, though, if there's any reason not to install the mod after the BG2 Tweakpack? I use this mod pretty frequently to tweak npc's from one game to the next. Because I've got an older pc and would like to minimize the amount of disk and cpu activity, I'd like to install this mod last on the assumption that WeiDU would not require working its way down and back up again through other mods that have been installed. I've worked with it this way on previous releases but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

John

Nythrun indicates it is pretty install order independent, but I think a last-in-install order makes alot of sense for a couple of reasons:

1. not every modder makes their changes via patching. Several simply drop a new .cre in the override, even using WeiDU. Lots of reasons folks do this; no point debating now, but for use with older mods or ones whose authors have decided to make changes in this way, Level 1 NPCs will be able to pick up the changes after installation, etc.

2. Nythrun looks for DavidW's code and fires off @129500 = ~You've already installed a Sword Coast Strategms component that does much the same thing. Please pick one or the other.~ for some code; we would need to check with her about compatibility with Tweaks "ToB Style NPCs", but it looks like they would still work.

3. There are some Tweak components that alter Montaron, et al; it seems like a good idea to let mods alter whatever they are going to alter first, then Nythrun lets you have final say over the entire .cre class, proficiencies, etc.

So, next step, if folks can try a build where this is installed after BG2 Tweaks, using the ToB style NPCs, and see if it works fine, then we have liftoff. I have tested with SCS installed including the 0 level characters component, and it worked great.

Nythrun indicates it is pretty install order independent, but I think a last-in-install order makes alot of sense for a couple of reasons:

2. Nythrun looks for DavidW's code and fires off @129500 = ~You've already installed a Sword Coast Strategms component that does much the same thing. Please pick one or the other.~ for some code; we would need to check with her about compatibility with Tweaks "ToB Style NPCs", but it looks like they would still work.

So, next step, if folks can try a build where this is installed after BG2 Tweaks, using the ToB style NPCs, and see if it works fine, then we have liftoff. I have tested with SCS installed including the 0 level characters component, and it worked great.

Glad to learn it. Now, about item #2. I use the mods but don't have a clue what you're referring to about DavidW's code and 129500 :( If you're talking about the ToB Style NPC's component, then I might be able to help there. In the game I just started, I rescued Jaheira and Minsc from prison. Once in the Promenade, I removed Jaheira. I had the option of asking her to rejoin, to stay there until we needed her again or to wait at the Copper Coronet. I remember this because normally she gives her song and dance about it's my group to do with as I wish and then leaves for Harper HQ.

John

Archived