Your BG1 Companions?

Kulyok

Gosh, I haven't played BG1 just for fun, since the spring of 2006? Let's see, I think I started with Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira and Garrick; swapping all but Imoen for Ajantis, Branwen, Coran, Dynaheir, Kivan and Minsc along the way. I never stuck with a particular party. Although Imoen and Branwen were with me the longest. Aw, now you got me reminiscing about her romance... the stone to flesh talk, other things like the silly poem; the lullaby she would hum. All fond memories of the mod. And it seemed like the battles and other parts of the story were just distractions. :)

I'm lazy, apparently, so for me it's basically a question of who I can get first -- i.e. Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Montaron, and Xzar. If someone snuffs it, I generally pick up the closest available replacement. I don't like to metagame/powergame and deliberately keep vacancies for people I'll meet later, or pick up temporary people to just have some meatshields while I wander on to make a "better" one available.

(Still, you'd have to threaten me with burning hellfire to ever get me to pick up Minsc, and even then I'm not sure I'd bend...)

I can't really remember who I took through the first time I played through. I definitely had Imoen and Minsc, and I think Viconia might have had a spot. Those three are among my favourite characters, so usually I find a spot for them. The game I just started will contain myself as a arcane fist bard, Imoen, Minsc or Viconia, Kivan, Xan, and Coran. But it really depends on how annoyed I get at not having any healing capabilities in my party. I might choose to keep Minsc and replace Coran with Viconia.

Archived