Erm... Is this right?

Guest Eepacse

Guest Eepacse

Ahem, I've recently installed the BG1 NPC pro. +yes I have Tutu installed, so no need to question that+ and I created a new charrie to play the game +a femme, thief/mage, half-elf to be exact+ and began to play, but I'm now just leaving the Nashkel mines and still none of my companions are talking, to me or each other. +To be more precise, I have Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Ajantis and now Xan in my party.+

Also when I click on them to see if they have anything to say, it comes up with that all to well known message reminding me that they have nothing to say, however, Imoen does say that I'm a queer fellow, Ajantis tells me that honor is his life and Xan reminds me that we're all doomed. Is it meant to happen like this? :)

Oh, and how do I use CLUAConsole with the Tutu? I knew how to use it on BG2 but I'm a bit warey about fiddling around with the Tutu files because I really don't want to stuff it up more so.

Erm, to be clear I have no other mods installed +I actually only recently reinstalled BG1 and BG2+ so I know there are no other mods causing this "problem." Any help would be welcome and appreciated.

There's no rush for answers either, as I'm all too happy to sit around twiddling my thumbs and staring at the screen wondering how on earth I end up with all these problems. Secretly I think my computors plotting against me. :)

Eepacse.

Okay.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for Version 14, September 18, 2007

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location. -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location. -> Quayle Starts at the Wyrm's Crossing.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location. -> Tiax Starts in Baldur's Gate.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> Sarevok's Diary Date Changes only

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds

Like I said, I've only just reinstalled my BG1 and BG2, so there aren't many mods on my computor.

If it'll help, I have a patch for BG1 and a patch for BG2 installed and I don't have ToB.

Just to make sure I've done everything right I think I'll start a new game... Heh, can't hurt to try.

Hmm, let me check...

It appears to be in the BG2 file.

Oh, and restarting the game changed nothing so I am a bit clueless too. Unless it's in the wrong file, in which case I'm just a dodo and that explains everything, heh.

Well, yeah, that the mod should be installed into the Tutu directory since it it is meant to be played with Tutu is somewhet logical.. I am glad it is working for you now, though!

But still I don't understand: How can it be installed to a mere BGII game? The installation should fail.. somehow. Am I missing something?

But still I don't understand: How can it be installed to a mere BGII game? The installation should fail.. somehow. Am I missing something?
I'm pretty sure it would fail on a BG2 install, perhaps rather badly. Offhand, the only thing I can think of is Eepacse had both a BG1Tutu install converted from BG2 and an EasyTutu install, or something like that.

(Has anyone ever suggested that WeiDU.log show the game version where its mods are installed? C'mon, they've had to have...)

If it didn't, then we have a minor difficulty in either our naming system or my coding:

ALWAYS
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
/* Tell the player it is using Tutu stuff */
PRINT @1000
INCLUDE ~BG1NPC\lib\g3_tutu_cpmvars.tpa~
 END ELSE BEGIN
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR7200.are~ THEN BEGIN
  /* Tell the player it is using BGT stuff */
  PRINT @1001
  INCLUDE ~BG1NPC\lib\g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa~
  /* Tell the player it is not Tutu or BGT */
  END ELSE BEGIN FAIL @1002
END
 END

/* prep tras for sound references */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/BG1NPC_tmp.tra~ ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/BG1NPC.tra~
   EVALUATE_BUFFER
 LOAD_TRA ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/BG1NPC.tra~

END

~AR7200.are~ should not be there in a BG2 install, only a BGT install...

I could recode it to be more obvious, but I think it is just cosmetic:

ALWAYS
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
/* Tell the player it is using Tutu stuff */
PRINT @1000
INCLUDE ~BG1NPC\lib\g3_tutu_cpmvars.tpa~
 END 
 ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR7200.are~ THEN BEGIN
  /* Tell the player it is using BGT stuff */
  PRINT @1001
  INCLUDE ~BG1NPC\lib\g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa~
 END
 ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR7200.are~ AND  NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~THEN BEGIN	  
   /* Tell the player it is not Tutu or BGT */
   FAIL @1002
 END

/* prep tras for sound references */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/BG1NPC_tmp.tra~ ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/BG1NPC.tra~
   EVALUATE_BUFFER
 LOAD_TRA ~BG1NPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/BG1NPC.tra~

END

Or some variant. There are simpler ways even still, but I would need to go back and check - probably R_F or something really simple.

As far as I can tell, all these would be cosmetic reshuffling of the same actions, though, just tossing them into sequential processes rather than skipping them if the first condition exists.

Archived