Request for content feedback

DavidW

In the meantime, re the previous comment re Slightly Improved Irenicus:- this definitely didn't work when I tried a megamod-install including SCSII, no matter how I rearranged or deleted the various mods. Improved Ilyich worked fine, however.

Slightly Improved Irenicus? Or do you mean Slightly Improved Ilyich? If it's the Slightly Improved Ilyich, what exactly didn't work?

I think you'll find it was hoped-for, not promised...

When I visited this forum months ago, you gave a temporary fix which you said would fix things, though you, naturally, didn't guarantee success. Any chance of posting a new temporary fix that would work with this version 5.0? Obviously, if this fix actually requires a lot more work, I could always try the BGT trilogy version with the SCSII improved mage/priest components instead of the SCSI, rather than BG1Tutu - it wouldn't be the end of the world as BGT has, surprisingly, become far more compatible with the various mods in the last year or so, than was the case, previously.

Slightly Improved Irenicus? Or do you mean Slightly Improved Ilyich? If it's the Slightly Improved Ilyich, what exactly didn't work?

I meant to refer to the Slightly Improved Ilyich mod. After installing that mod, I just always got an automatic CTD which happened every single time I went to the left of the genie in the first level of Irenicus' Dungeon, shortly after exiting the prison-cage.

I meant to refer to the Slightly Improved Ilyich mod. After installing that mod, I just always got an automatic CTD which happened every single time I went to the left of the genie in the first level of Irenicus' Dungeon, shortly after exiting the prison-cage.

Thanks. I'll try to find out what's causing it.

Hopefully, the promised option to allow BG2-spell-casting for BG1Tutu will be included for SCSI as well by the end of March

I think you'll find it was hoped-for, not promised...

The next version of EasyTutu should use the BG2 spell system anyway.

Oh, you mean you want enemies to use BG2 spells?

Yes. I suppose I could just play through BG1 with my BG2 spells against BG1-spell-casting enemies, but I suspect things would become far too easy for me. I don't personally agree with the idea that any PC or NPC should have BG1 spells as the whole feel of BG1Tutu/BGT has changed the original BG1 out of all proportion, so it seems unrealistic to have any BG1-elements left. And if all PCs/NPC mages in the game have access to BG2 spells, then mages, as a whole, would become more powerful, which is a good thing.

Assuming you still want it.

I completed chapter 3 last night and I noticed two things that may or may not be of concern.

First issue concerns Tanova (the spellcasting vampire) or possibly mages in general.

I use Smarter Mages with option 2.

After having injured Tanova with a fireball and skulltrap and killed the fledgling that spawned in close proximity, but before having entered Tanova's line of sight, I saved.

Upon moving into her line of sight, she did not "prebuff". However, upon reloading the save and immediately moving into her line of sight, she prebuffed. Reloading and waiting a round or so before moving into her line of sight resulted in no prebuffing.

As I understand it, she is never supposed to prebuff under option 2. But I guess it's possible it's a engine issue as well.

Second issue concerns the targeting of toned-down improved Bodhi, which can lead to some odd/exploitable behaviour. From what I saw, she uses some sort of "if I see a character without prot. from neg. energy, I attack that one"-script, which causes her to attack an unprotected character even if it doesn't make sense.

For example, I had my party and two fire elementals stationed in the corridor outside the room with the three crypts. The hidden passage leading from the crypt-room to the blood-pool-room and the hidden passage leading from the blood-pool-room to the big-table-room were opened. I had trapped the second hidden passage with 5 level 11 skulltraps in anticipation of a vampire spawn or being able to improvise a use for them.

Upon staking the last vampire with Jaheira, Bodhi spawned. Before the talk initiated, Jaheira and the elementals had moved into the passage leading to the corridor where my party were. There was the talk, Bodhi attacked and Jaheira cast prot- from neg. energy on herself. Minsc (unprotected) was standing a bit behind and when Bodhi saw him, she went for him instead of Jaheira. However, since the "short" route was blocked by Jaheira and the elementals, Bodhi chose to take the "long" way around, which took her through the blood-pool-room and my skulltraps.

(Un)Fortunately, she seems to be damn near invulnerable to skulltraps (the 5 resulted in 1 hit for 10 damage and a second for 7 damage with no messages about MR, saves or the spell being ineffective). I don't know if Delayed Fireballs would be any more effective, but even if it's not possible to exploit her targeting that way, I expect it to be possible to lead her around pretty well by using a unprotected bait character while the rest of your protected characters attacked her with impunity.

I haven't tested this, and if I underestimate her targeting script, I apologise.

Thanks for that - and yes, I definitely still want feedback.

Tanova: that's an oddity in the way Option 2 is set up, which I think I'm inclined just to put up with (it will only happen around saved games) but I might see if there's a simple fix.

Bodhi: yes, I've found something similar myself: I think the script unduly prioritises killing people not protected from level drain. I'm testing a modified version at the moment.

Oh, you mean you want enemies to use BG2 spells?

Yes. I suppose I could just play through BG1 with my BG2 spells against BG1-spell-casting enemies, but I suspect things would become far too easy for me. I don't personally agree with the idea that any PC or NPC should have BG1 spells as the whole feel of BG1Tutu/BGT has changed the original BG1 out of all proportion, so it seems unrealistic to have any BG1-elements left.

I've never particularly understood this logic: Tutu doesn't really seem to me to have changed the content of BG1 much at all, just the engine. Of course, you can choose to introduce BG2 elements: new spells, character kits, new classes... but the point is that you don't have to.

I've never particularly understood this logic: Tutu doesn't really seem to me to have changed the content of BG1 much at all, just the engine. Of course, you can choose to introduce BG2 elements: new spells, character kits, new classes... but the point is that you don't have to.

The way I see it, the BG2-engine is inextricably linked with the use of BG2-spells. And the whole BG2-system was, after all, meant to correct various mistakes made in the original BG1 game. One such mistake, IMO, was the incredible weakness of the various mages(or druids for that matter), by comparison to fighters. Adding in extra BG2 spell levels the field, so to speak. Extra spell-adding mods like adpack/wild mage mod etc. also help, in this regard.

Wel, I think I'll try a BG1Tutu game of BG1 with the latest SCSI, as I suppose using the improved mages/improved priest components of SCSII instead would just crash the game irreparably. My only other regret is that I will, undoubtedly, get endless game-crashing bugs once I try doing a BG2-megamod-install, just like last time.

Thanks for that - and yes, I definitely still want feedback.

Tanova: that's an oddity in the way Option 2 is set up, which I think I'm inclined just to put up with (it will only happen around saved games) but I might see if there's a simple fix.

Ok.

Another minor issue (I could post any future ones somewhere else if that'd be preferable):

I found a well...faulty item (no icon or description, can't be removed from the inventory) in the bag of holding. It was the first item in the bag and the item disappears if it is in your inventory when you reload the game.

WeiDU log provided, in case it's of any use.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Altered Spells

~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Monk High Level Abilities

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)

~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // EdwinRomance

~SETUP-EDWINTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Edwin Romance ToB

~CHLOE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chloe NPC mod v1.2

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 30 Minutes

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB

~IEPBANTERS/IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // NPC Conflict Revisions

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #30 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #40 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #105 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #160 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #170 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #175 // Faster Bears

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #220 // Smarter general AI

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #230 // Better calls for help

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #235 // Potions for NPCs -> All unused potions on dead enemies are retrievable by the party

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #238 // Improved Spiders

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #241 // Improved fiends -> Fiends cast spells like normal wizards

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #251 // Smarter genies -> Genies cast spells like normal wizards

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #261 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #271 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #281 // Smarter beholders -> Upgrade the beholders found in the hive in the Underdark (borrowed from Quest Pack)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #290 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids can see through invisibility

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #300 // Smarter githyanki

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #310 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #321 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #331 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #335 // Spellcasting Demiliches

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #340 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #350 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #360 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA mages -> Only selected SoA mages get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #370 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to SoA priests -> Only selected SoA priests get HLAs

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #379 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #385 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #386 // Improved Abazigal's Lair

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #387 // Improved Shade Lord

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #392 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #397 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #399 // Improved Vampires

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #400 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #410 // Improved minor encounters [almost no content yet]

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #415 // Give SCS II style AI to Ascension enemies

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #383 // Improved Fire Giant temple

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2290 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table Only (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave (Salk)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs

Archived