Bug Report: Lendarn in the Firewine Ruins

Freelance Cynic

Using SCS v6, the mage Lendarn in the Firewin Ruins pre-cast half a dozen defensive spells even without the Mages pre-cast defensive spells component installed.

Edit: Typo.

So he does. As I recall, that's for two reasons:

1) he's scrying on the party (he actually has a Wizard Eye scripted to appear, though I don't think it's visible in-game.) So he's got time to raise magical defences.

2) his attack script requires him to have a Minor Globe running.

but I can change it if people want.

I recommend shifting to v7, by the way - there shouldn't be any problem doing so mid-game, and it fixes a couple of (non-critical but annoying) bugs.

Hi DavidW!

While I understand the reason why you included it, it's kind of annoying since I purposely didn't install that component for a reason.

In my view, this could be "fixed" by only pre-casting his Minor Globe of Invulnerability, so that his script may function properly. I noticed in the few tries it took me to take him down (lightning bolts and small corridors don't mix, but I guess that's the point!) that he always Dimension Door to me as his first action. Maybe his script could be set up to cast the rest of his defensive spells first? That way, if I rush ahead, I can catch him midway. Just an idea...

And thanks for the heads up on v7. You should stick a post about it, I didn't even realize it was out.

Cheers!

I also found Lendarn a bit frustating, but I guess my party was too low level and had no way of dispelling his protections.

But there is a little bug nearby. I think you patched the wrong door in the gullykin house where Jenkal resides. Obviously you wanted to prevent the player from entering the firewine dungeon through Jenkals house but instead the player can't go upstairs. (Even if he came down that way.)

I also found Lendarn a bit frustating, but I guess my party was too low level and had no way of dispelling his protections.

But there is a little bug nearby. I think you patched the wrong door in the gullykin house where Jenkal resides. Obviously you wanted to prevent the player from entering the firewine dungeon through Jenkals house but instead the player can't go upstairs. (Even if he came down that way.)

That's odd... works on my system. BGT or TUTU?

Does it mean I need to make this change in the crossplatform.tph to fix it?

From

OUTER_SPRINT "Gullykin_JenkalsHouse_L1" "AR9901"

to

OUTER_SPRINT "Gullykin_JenkalsHouse_L1" "AR3401"

Archived