optional but cool not installing

Guest clarient

Guest clarient

So after installing SoA and ToB, and the newest ToB patch, I tried installing the Fixpack_v4. It extracts, the cmd prompt appears, but it never gives me an option of what optional but cool features I want to install. Plus the cmd prompt disappears before I can read what it says. Any ideas?

Are you able to install the core components?

Also, the first time you double-click BG2Fixpack.exe, all it does is extract the mod into your BG2 directory. It might not automatically proceed with the installation. If this is what has happened, you'll see another file, called setup-BG2Fixpack.exe. Double-clicking on that should let you proceed as you expect.

But before you do that, your fixpack should be the first thing on your install after the official patch, unless you're using non-WeiDU mods (not recommended).

If the fixpack is the first thing in your install, you might want to check the bottom of the screen to make sure that the window has indeed closed. Sometimes, the readme opens so fast that you don't get a chance to finish installing before it pops up, on top of the command window.

If the window has closed, you can always double-click setup-BG2Fixpack.exe again, and see if you get further than the language choice this time.

Hope this works out for you!

Guest clarient

Ok, got it. Thanks for the fast reply. The issue was that when I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, I didn't manually delete the BG2 Tweaks that I had installed previously. So I guess when the program encountered the Tweaks, it just didn't bother installing. ooops...

Archived