MXSPLSRC.2DA

Demivrgvs

It's not a spurious effect attached to charname because i discovered it with Kelsey. Furthmore i've created several new characters to test it and when they reach lvl 10 (via shadowkeeper) they were all able to cast more than six spells per day.

It's not related to Metaspell Influence too...i really don't understand. :)

It's not a spurious effect attached to charname because i discovered it with Kelsey. Furthmore i've created several new characters to test it and when they reach lvl 10 (via shadowkeeper) they were all able to cast more than six spells per day.

It's not related to Metaspell Influence too...i really don't understand. :)

I noticed a similar thing in BG1Tutu, a PC sorcerer can cast 7 spells per level, but an NPC sorcerer has the usual 6 per.

I don't remember well because i always play with Refinement but the vanilla HLAs should add one spell slot of 6-7-8th level.

Avenger, have you six spell per day at any other level till lvl 31? Because that should be less relevant (i'll never reach such level) but my sorcerers can fire 7 spell per day at 10th level which is quite unbalancing!

Anyway i wonder which mod could have done this because i'm sure i never encountered this problem in my old runs...latest version of BG2 - Tweak/Fix pack maybe? :)

mxsplsrc.2da is working correctly in my game. I'd always expected that it did nothing, hee, but after leveling a previously generated sorcerer, all of her spell levels per day dropped to one.

OUTER_SET "e" = 0x1
COPY_EXISTING ~mxsplsrc.2da~ ~override~
 PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE THEN BEGIN
FOR (COUNT_2DA_ROWS 0xa "r"; "r"; "r" -= 0x1) BEGIN
  FOR (COUNT_2DA_COLS "c"; "c"; "c" -= 0x1) BEGIN
	READ_2DA_ENTRY ("r" - 0x1) ("c" - 0x1) 0xa "v"
	PATCH_IF "v" THEN BEGIN
	  SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER m "r" "c" EVALUATE_BUFFER "e"
	END
  END
END
SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER m 0x0 0x1 EVALUATE_BUFFER "e"
SET_2DA_ENTRIES_NOW m 0xa
 END
BUT_ONLY

OUTER_SET and check it out, it's a party :)

Archived