One bug and one suggestion

Salk

Hello, DavidW!

I'd like to report a bug: when I use Detect Evil, neutral characters become hostile.

I'd also like to give one suggestion about something you have planned some time ago: to make Sarevok a little "special".

Why not making him a Deathbringer which should be his real kit?

Here at G3, Idobek had already coded this up as part of the NPC Kitpack mod and I am sure there would be no objections to making this part of SCS (I had formerly asked permission already to CamDawg, receiving green light).

Cheers!

One more thing, DavidW. Is it possible that SCS is duplicating the original inventory of Gorion? I am asking because I am finding two scrolls of Magic Missile and two scrolls of Larloch's Minor Drain on his body. If that is the case, you might want to remove the duplication.

One more thing, DavidW. Is it possible that SCS is duplicating the original inventory of Gorion? I am asking because I am finding two scrolls of Magic Missile and two scrolls of Larloch's Minor Drain on his body. If that is the case, you might want to remove the duplication.

No, I don't think that can be SCS, it hasn't got any mechanism that generates scrolls.

Detect evil problem: yes, known bug. It only affects mages and priests, if that helps.

Sarevok as Deathbringer: I think I've heard that suggestion before, but if it means he has some small chance of an insta-kill when he hits players, I'm not excited by it - it seems to add an annoying little extra bit of randomness.

Detect evil problem: yes, known bug. It only affects mages and priests, if that helps.

Heh. I can just picture the scene.

Group of Evil Adventurers relaxing and playing cards round the campfire.

(fx: machine that goes ping!) *mage suddenly glances into the fog*

"Boys? Paladin incoming, just out of earshot. Prepare the ambush! Remember the poisoned caltrops, now!"

Sarevok as Deathbringer: I think I've heard that suggestion before, but if it means he has some small chance of an insta-kill when he hits players, I'm not excited by it - it seems to add an annoying little extra bit of randomness.

Well, if that is the case, I would also agree that it's not a good idea. I didn't think that among his powers, there would be an instakill kind of attack. I guess it's the Deathbringer Assault that does this, although I'd still think this kit is a good variation for Sarevok if that specific attack doesn't kill outright but does a very high amount of HP damage.

Archived