Sign in to follow this  
Zerus45

Crashes

I have done the amber mod before and had no problems like this. I am at the part where she was captured and I just blew that ranger into chunks so fast she couldn't even say a word. Every time I try to enter the house though my game crashes. I s there a way I could either fix the crashes or bypass the first room?

How did you do that? In my tests even if you CTRL-Y Lorraine she still speaks. Could you try to load an earlier save and give her a chance to speak? The game shouldn't crass even if you decide not to help her and kill her, though. Lorraine's problem is just a side quest. You are using the latest version (2.4) of Amber, right?

Edited by Meira

I figured out what was causing the bug I didn't pick up the letter I reloaded from an earlier point and got the letter all is working well now. As for the thing with loraine I have always had her do that. I just haste my guys and beat her to death with weapons at extreme speeds. If I take it slow she does talk though. I am running the game at 55 frame rate not sure if that matters. If you wanna investigate the thing with loraine I can send you my save file.

Guest Mandorin

I am encountering a similar problem, and, I suspect, for a similar reason. After speaking with Lorraine, I went back and retrieved the letter, getting the journal update, but upon entering the house, the game still crashes.

I should really release a new version where this bug is fixed. :)

You need to hold the letter (and get the journal note) before you meet Lorraine. I hope you have an earlier save.

Guest Guest

On the Lorraine Gibbing and not speaking bit- it should be noted that Ctrl-Y, while dealing massive damage, never triggers a gib. I may just be blowing smoke, but perhaps that is the difference in her speech script?

Funny, since I have definitely hit Ctrl-Y on her, while testing the mod and the dialogue has triggered. On the other hand it's I wouldn't encourage you to to cheat with key characters, if you want to avoid bugs. Do the other thugs in any way you prefer, but make her a 'clean' kill. :)

Guest Guest

The previous Guest means that Ctrl-Y doesn't cause a "chunky" death. So a "clean" kill (like Ctrl-Y) seems to let Lorraine speak her piece even at death, whereas if you kill her in a way so that she bursts into chunks then the speech script (perhaps) does not trigger correctly.

At least that's how I read it.

If that's true, my mistake then, sorry. However, Lorraine does carry a minHP item, that not only prevents her hitpoints from running out, it also protects her from spell effects such as disintegrate, imprisonment, petrifaction and kill. The item is removed when Lorraine has said her piece, so if your PC wants to kill her, he/she can. I'm not sure how you can chunk her if you can't disintegrate or cause enough critical damage.

Edited by Meira

If you want to test out chunking the killsword will chunk when dealing 1024 damage, where a Ctrl-Y won't chunk doing the same 1024 damage, you may want to try testing it that way rather then with Ctrl-Y. (oh you also get the XP for the kill that way)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this