Relocated Bounty Hunter

Salk

Hello, DavidW!

I think there is an issue with the component above mentioned.

After reaching LVL 4 with my main character I was ambushed during a trip and got to fight in one of those small screen representing a canyon (sort of) with only one exit north.

Well, other than the Gnoll that would attack me in a normal ambush I had also the surprise of finding Lamalha who fought me without her three companions Maneira, Telka and Zeela.

I have wandered the small area several times hoping the others would pop up but no luck.

Can you please take a look?

Thanks!

P.S. I played with BGT but I don't think that'd make any difference...

Hello, DavidW!

I think there is an issue with the component above mentioned.

After reaching LVL 4 with my main character I was ambushed during a trip and got to fight in one of those small screen representing a canyon (sort of) with only one exit north.

Well, other than the Gnoll that would attack me in a normal ambush I had also the surprise of finding Lamalha who fought me without her three companions Maneira, Telka and Zeela.

I have wandered the small area several times hoping the others would pop up but no luck.

Can you please take a look?

Thanks!

P.S. I played with BGT but I don't think that'd make any difference...

How intriguing! I've no idea how that could happen... but I will look. Brute-force blocking of spawning in those areas is probably the way forward.

I should have reported this before.

In fact, in one former session it happened already that Lamalha (this time regularly accompanied by her three girlfriends), appeared in another ambush (it was bandits standing in circle and shooting arrows at you - one of my favourite).

At that time I did have an hell of a fight and lost a couple of characters but I thought it was maybe intended behaviour. Overall the fight became too difficult though...

Given for granted that forcing the bounty hunters to NEVER appear when the party is ambushed during travels is the way to go for the next version, I might add that it's possible that the missing complete spawning of the bounty hunters themselves might have caused by me pressing the space-bar to give orders to my characters when the dialogue with the bounty hunters had not yet started.

It might be worth checking this lead...

There is another rather amusing bug with Relocated Bounty Hunters. They spawn even when you begin a BG2 game with BGT installed. It was rather amusing to see those poor guys and gals spawn right in an elven war camp.

10th

That's pretty funny... though I'm kind of confused why you had SCS installed if you started in BG2?

After so many re-installations of my megamod, playing through BG1 only to find out that something mucked up the BG2 part was quite frustrating in the long run. Therefore I simply started a game in Chateau Irenicus.

A "fix" for this would be to add a check of the ENDOFBG1 variable to the spawning script blocks.

10th

Hi David--slighty different problem came up but same basic issue (I think) as previous posts

was in chapter 4 in one of the wood of sharp teeth areas when BOTH bounty hunter groups spawned at the same time. i'm assuming that's not supposed to happen? (it certainly made it a challenge if not! well actually we all died...)

--also one question, and probably a naive one: would it be possible to relocate the stand-alone bounty-hunters as well? or is this 'hard-coded' (apologies if this has been asked before)

thx

[btw: i'm playing easy tutu with fairly minimal set of mods, installed exactly as g3 suggests in the 'install order' post]

Hi David--slighty different problem came up but same basic issue (I think) as previous posts

was in chapter 4 in one of the wood of sharp teeth areas when BOTH bounty hunter groups spawned at the same time. i'm assuming that's not supposed to happen? (it certainly made it a challenge if not! well actually we all died...)

Wow. No, that's not intended. Will chase.

--also one question, and probably a naive one: would it be possible to relocate the stand-alone bounty-hunters as well? or is this 'hard-coded' (apologies if this has been asked before)

You mean Tarnesh, Neira, that dwarf in Beregost, that Ogre in the Blushing Mermaid? Sure, they could be moved. Did you have anywhere particular in mind?

You mean Tarnesh, Neira, that dwarf in Beregost, that Ogre in the Blushing Mermaid? Sure, they could be moved. Did you have anywhere particular in mind?

I think this is a nice idea. I think Tarnesh needs to stay in the FAI area (the barmaid has dialogue which refers to your encounter with him).

I'd remove both Neira and the Beregost dwarf to be out of doors to make them a bit harder to avoid. I'd put the dwarf in the central area of Beregost (near the column/town crier) , and perhaps relocate Neira to somewhere close to the mine entrance (if she is out of doors in Nashkel she will attract attacks from the Amnish soldiers).

I'd also move Nimbul & put him on a timer like the other 2 groups (eg. 2 days after exiting the Nashkel mines, Nimbul tracks down the PC).

Finally, with the Blushing Mermaid ogre, again I'd put him somewhere a bit more prominent - hanging around the entrance to BG city (near the fountain?) would be a sensible place to be if you are a bounty hunter looking out for his quarry.

Archived