INTERJECTIONS GALORE

CamDawg

Here is the current status of the scenery dialogues. If you see a nice interjection point for a particular NPC while playing BG1, please, post it here or in the workroom or forward the comment to the NPC's current guardian. Thank you in advance!

Alora 5+ (Nightmare)

Ajantis 0 (Seifer)

Branwen 5+(Jolyth/Tameon)

Coran 5+(Domi)

Dynaheir 5+(Domi)

Edwin 0  (Merja)

Eldoth 5  (Hendryk)

Faldorn 5  (Domi)

Garrick 0  (Andyr)

Imoen 0  (Jinnai)

Jaheira 5+(Theodur)

Kagain 1  (Hendryk)

Khalid 1  (Hendryk)

Kivan 5+ (Domi)

Minsc 4 (Aurelius)

Montaron 5+ (Hendryk)

Quayle 0 (Andyr)

Safana 4 (Kiki)

Shar-Teel 0 (group effort)

Skie 5+ (Amazing Maurice)

Tiax 5+ (group effort)

Viconia 0 (Andyr)

Xan 5+ (Domi)

Xzar 5+ (Hendryk)

Yeslick 5+ (Tankred)

#####################

#####################

For Minsc:(as a rough sketch)

When entering the first level of the Low Lantern:

M: I hope this ship doesn't have rats. Boo HATES rats! Don't you Boo?

*Squeak!*

When first entering the Candlekeep catacombs:

M: Evil round every corner. Careful not to...Eack! I think I just stepped in some!

Upon entering the map where the Cloackwood mines are located:

M: Cover your nose Boo! This place smells worst than the Lodge after a three day feast!

*Squeak!*

M: No, I think it beats even that time when Uldon the Unwashed had all those beans and cabbage for supper. But at least we can do something about the smelly villains responsible for this!

After Mulahey pretends to surrender, only to summon more aid:

M: Treacherous half-orc, BOO WILL HAVE YOUR EYES!

Upon entering the Lost City:

M: This foul place stinks of evil! Let our righteous wind cleanse it!...Err...I think that didn't come out quite right, didn't it Boo?

*Squeak*

#####################

#####################

I'll post a bunch of Alora interjections in the workroom in just a sec ;).

One thing that needs to be addressed for Jaheira (if it isn't already): according to several of the Shadow Druids in the game, Jaheira is a follower of the Archdruid Seniyad.  Though you probably wouldn't guess it from his appallingly low level and useless equipment, Seniyad makes an appearance in the game - he's the Druid who wants to kill Aldeth Sashenstar.  You'd have thought Jaheira might just have something to say if you decide to kill him, and a simple "hello" is probably in order as well :).  I know it's probably outside the boundaries of this mod, but I'd also love to see a peaceful outcome to this encounter added.

Jaheira should definitely have things to say to each of the Shadow Druids you meet (and maybe they could be made more tolerant of you if you killed Seniyad).  Ideally both Seniyad and Amarande (the Shadow Archdruid) should be bumped up in terms of levels and equipment, but of course improving existing creatures isn't what this mod is about  :).

#####################

#####################

One thing that needs to be addressed for Jaheira (if it isn't already): according to several of the Shadow Druids in the game, Jaheira is a follower of the Archdruid Seniyad.  Though you probably wouldn't guess it from his appallingly low level and useless equipment, Seniyad makes an appearance in the game - he's the Druid who wants to kill Aldeth Sashenstar.  You'd have thought Jaheira might just have something to say if you decide to kill him, and a simple "hello" is probably in order as well :p.  I know it's probably outside the boundaries of this mod, but I'd also love to see a peaceful outcome to this encounter added.

;)

Actually, I will tie the Aldeth-encounter into one of two Jaheira's personal quests that I am planning. The details will probably be posted in the workroom tomorrow. And yes, a peaceful outcome will be possible, and the quest exp reward will depend on whether you killed Aldeth or no. Of course, if you will attack Seniyad, you will lose Jaheira (and Khalid) and her quest with that action.

I plan her to interact with all the Shadow Druids in Cloakwood-3, hopefully I can get those written in the next couple of days. :D

#####################

#####################

Cool, and it looks like Echon's going to take care of the "bumping them up" part in Fields of the Dead too  :p.

The characters who currently are priority for writing interjections for are:

Ajantis, Edwin, Garrick, Quayle, Viconia

Any suggestions for these five are very much appreciated!

Edwin, Friendly Arms Inn: Ahh! At last. I feel the friendliness of this place embracing me. What joy. (Wonderful, another flee-ridden hovel of an inn).

Viconia, upon entering the city of Baldur's Gate: A surface city! I had always thought that the walls of such a structure would be taller!

Garrick, upon recovery of the Butter Knife of Balderan: Wow! The very same knife that balderan used to butter his toast! I thought it was only a legend!

Quayle, upon entering Sorcerus Sundries: If you're smart, you'll let me do the talking.

Guest Ventura

Well, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but on my last run-through of unmodded BG1 I was surprised to find out the Friendly Arm Inn used to be a Bhaalist temple.

Maybe when the PC enters he/she should get some kind of feeling of, I don't know, recognition, deja vu, maybe even homecoming if your PC is evil.

Imowen probably wouldn't get this feeling, but it's possible she would.

Or maybe the feeling doesn't flare until after you've killed the assassin waiting for you on the steps. A violent death in what used to be a temple of Bhaal might create some sort of resonance effect. Maybe it's just because of CharName's taint, but maybe any violent death will do. That could be why the Mirrorshades are so serious about there being no "troubles" inside the Inn. Possibly blood, spilt in violence, reminds the old stones of what they used to be...

And now I'm just rambling, and this is usually the point where someone points out that what I've suggested is already in the mod, which I'd know if I'd actually played it, so I'll stop now.

No... It is not in, and the idea is fascinating. Now, handling it is not that easy, since majority of the NPCs do not know of PC's bloodline until late in the game... perhaps add a mad character on the grounds? Could be v. worthwhile.

@Bob - thank you, those are neat. I'd place Edwin's in the dialogue with Mirrowshade perhaps

Archived