branwen romance

Guest artemis

Guest artemis

i'd like to thank to you for creating such a wonderful mod. I have installed NPC project and everything seems to work fine except romances. My protagonist is a CN Figher-Thief with good reputation and has all requirements for Branwen romance. But haven't gotten any love talk. İI

Here is my weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #7 // Walking Speeds

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #8 // Hooded unarmoured avatars and hooded bards

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for Version 14, September 18, 2007

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location. -> Alora Starts in Gullykin.

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest.

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment

// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for Version 14, September 18, 2007

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location. -> Alora Starts in Gullykin.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location. -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues

First, try re-installing Branwen Romance, and choose a different timer(say, 45 minutes). It should be all right within an hour.

If it doesn't work, please, check these variables via console and give us the values:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("P#BranMatch","GLOBAL")

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

Guest artemis
First, try re-installing Branwen Romance, and choose a different timer(say, 45 minutes). It should be all right within an hour.

If it doesn't work, please, check these variables via console and give us the values:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("P#BranMatch","GLOBAL")

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

I've checked them and got these:

Global: P#BranMatch GLOBAL set to 1

Global: P#BranwenRomanceActive GLOBAL does not exists

cmorgan, I'm going to kill you.

X#BrFriendTalk, which is mentioned in Branwen's romance script, is referenced only once: in Branwen Romance. Her "normal script" uses P#BrFriendTalk variable.

(And I know it worked before variable renaming, because I tested it. So grr.)

Okay, ramble over, here goes advice: please, set

X#BrFriendTalk to 2 via console and continue playing. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

@cmorgan: since no players since September release were able to play Branwen romance fully, I'd say it flags it as a critical bug. Please, include a fix for December release as soon as you're back. Thank you!

Don't kill cmorgan. It wasn't his fault. Friendship talks are Phase 1, so that would be me.

But if we're going to kill off everyone who made a mistake on this one, there won't be anyone left to do maintenance, so perhaps we'll have to settle for flogging instead.

i have set X#BrFriendTalk to 2 and still nothing has changed. thanks for the help maybe i should wait for december release

No, now it really should be all right, trust me. :p

P#BranwenRomanceActive variable is now set to 1, and the timer has started. In an hour(or 45 minutes, depending on your timer) you'll have the talk.

Guest artemis

you are right. i quitted the game after setting X#BrFriendTalk to 2 and ate breakfast. when i return back i opened the game and waited for 1 hour. then nothing happened and got the message P#BranwenRomanceActive does not exist. what a fool i am, i had to set it to 2 again:) now i did it and P#BranwenRomanceActive is set to 1.

subdirectory, filename, line number, change requested for cut/paste, and I can fix it up no problem :p

I would probably change that X#BrFriendTalk to something more different than the straight move to Domi's prefix as well, like X#BranRomAvailable or X#BranwenIsFriend or even X#BrIsNowHotToTrot. Or better yet, P#ActivateBranLT.

Even with a bunch of hours and multiple rechecks using several tools, there may still be some of these, and there may even be hidden conflicts with other places where people names their statenames the same as thier variables, not realizing that they were setting it twice. So a very detailed crosscheck of any in-project variables would be appreciated, whether changed or not!

This variable is a variable for a talk before the romance starts. That's it. Not an activation variable, not a BranwenIsFriend, not BranwenIsAFriendWithBenefits. And if we start changing the way romance is activated, we'll never stop.

It's very simple: it used to work, and now it doesn't. A simple search for X#BrFriendTalk and P#BrFriendTalk and replacing it to _one_ name(whether with P# or X#) should fix it - I have provided enough information.

So the information to report is "there is one instance of the variable that does not match the others - Branwen's romance looks for the status of P#BrFriend and finds the X# version"?

I am trying not to spend all my time on just this project - detail is appreciated, please. I have a bunch of stuff going on, so returning to what you folks all were doing with subdirectory, line number, et al will greatly speed up the implementation of any fixes!

Archived