Mod Installation Suggestions

Deten

Alright, I am going to install the following mods...

****Updated Order****

1. BG2SoA

2. BG2ToB

3. Official Bioware Patch

4. BG2_Fixpack v.4

5. Oversight v.10

6. Ascension v.1.4.22

7. 1pp v.2

8. NMBeauty v.2

9. Unfinished Bunisess v.15

10. eSeries v1.8

11. gMinion v.18

12. Improved Horns v.1.2

13. PnP Celestials v.4

14. BanterPack v.7

15. BG2 Tweaks V5

16. Sword Coast Stratagems v2

17. Mod for the orderly (cliffkey v2)

18. Widescreen b0.7 (new resolutions for widescreen monitors.)

I don't know some of the mods you listed, but here's my guess:

1. BG2SoA
  2. BG2ToB
  3. BG2_Fixpack V4
  4. 1pp v2
  5. Ascension V1.4.22
  6. Unfinished Business V15
  7. Weimer Tactics Mod V23
  8. BanterPacks v7
  9. BG2_Tweaks V5
  10. PnP Celestials V4
  11. eSeries V1.8
  12. gMinion V1.8
  13. Improved Horns V1.2
  14. Oversight V10
  15. NMBeauty V2
  16. cliffkey V2
  17. Widescreen V0.7

It says in the compatability that the BG2 Fixpack includes a portion of oversight v7.

I have oversight v10... will installing v10 still be compatable with bg2 Fixpack?

Just don't install the Oversight components that are already in the fixpack.
Don't forget the official ToB patch, before BG2_Fixpack V4

Sorry I didnt add that, I definetly have that on my list.

It says in the compatability that the BG2 Fixpack includes a portion of oversight v7.

I have oversight v10... will installing v10 still be compatable with bg2 Fixpack?

Just don't install the Oversight components that are already in the fixpack.

How do I find out what is already in the fix pack? Sry im a nub with this...

5. Weimer Tactics Mod V23

Honestly, I'd leave this one out. It's not a bad mod and there's a few nice components in it, but it's a little outdated. If you're looking for a well-rounded tactical mod you may prefer Improved Anvil or Sword Coast Stratagems II.

Well, I am going to play it coop with 3 other guys in my darkfall guild, we want to have a pretty tuff/fun game... would you suggest either one over the other?

5. Weimer Tactics Mod V23

Honestly, I'd leave this one out. It's not a bad mod and there's a few nice components in it, but it's a little outdated. If you're looking for a well-rounded tactical mod you may prefer Improved Anvil or Sword Coast Stratagems II.

Well, I am going to play it coop with 3 other guys in my darkfall guild, we want to have a pretty tuff/fun game... would you suggest either one over the other?

The problem with Tactics is that it's somewhat unbalanced compared to what you can get these days from other mods. Some components are still pretty good, but other tactical mods will do a better job.

If you want something completely different and very hard, go with Improved Anvil. It's a very tough mod and you'll be banging your head against a wall with this one. The problem is that it's close to a total conversion, so it's pretty much incompatible with everything else. So basically, you use BGII/Patch/ToB/IA and that's about it. There's a pretty big thread about IA somewhere in these forums if you want extra info.

If you like the diversity from differents mods however, you should go with Sword Coast Stratagems. It's still very hard, but it's also very balanced. With this mod, you'll find the enemies to be a lot smarter than they usually are in a unmoded game. And the bonus: you can use other mods with this one compared to IA.

Personally, I use Ascension, Sword Coast Stratagems and selected components from Tactics. It's hard enough. For Tactics I would recommend: The Ritual, Kuroisan, Red Badge, Lich in the Docks, Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks, Improved Crypt King, Improved Golems, Random Wilderness Encounters, Smarter Vampires, Improved Nymphs and Improved Copper Coronet.

If you do end up using both Tactics and SCSII however, you should be careful with eventual updates of SCSII. Future releases might include components who overlap with Tactics, thus creating annoying bugs. Just be careful.

Enjoy.

Using the mods you listed. I'd go with something like this:

1. BG2SoA

2. BG2ToB

3. Official Bioware Patch

4. BG2_Fixpack v.4

5. Oversight v.10

6. Ascension v.1.4.22

7. Weimer Tactics Mod v.23

8. 1pp v.2

9. NMBeauty v.2

10. Unfinished Bunisess v.15

11. eSeries v1.8

12. gMinion v.18

13. Improved Horns v.1.2

14. PnP Celestials v.4

15. BanterPack v.7

16. BG2 Tweaks V5

17. Sword Coast Stratagems v2

Cliffkey v.2? Is that the A Mod for the Orderly mod? If so, I'd put it right before the Tweak Pack. For the Widescreen mod I really can't say since I don't use it. You might want to ask in its forum.

Of course, there's a bunch of other mods you can install which are both balanced and stable. If you don't want to get into too big an install however, I would still suggest Turnabout. It's pretty much Ascension's little brother and would go right after him in the install order.

Cliffkey v.2? Is that the A Mod for the Orderly mod? If so, I'd put it right before the Tweak Pack. For the Widescreen mod I really can't say since I don't use it. You might want to ask in its forum.

Of course, there's a bunch of other mods you can install which are both balanced and stable. If you don't want to get into too big an install however, I would still suggest Turnabout. It's pretty much Ascension's little brother and would go right after him in the install order.

Cliffkey is A Mod for the Orderly

Turnabout is confusing to me, is it saying you can change your group with any of those people or that they will appear to fight on your side on the last battle? Will it be too overpowered for us? Thanks for the help

Most experienced players would recommend that lesser-experienced players not load-up on the mods. You might want to step back and think about what you want from your upcoming game.

Creatures fighting smarter/differently?

Then go with ONE AI mod for now. Pick one: Tactics, Anvil, SCS, whatever. Each provides a slightly different angle on "smarter/differently". "Which is better" is purely personal. It's up to you to decide which to try. There are plenty of forums and threads, here and elsewhere, to help your decision.

Perhaps a game centered on a small or big Quest mod?

There are plenty mods in this area, large and small. Again, go simple. One big one, or a few small ones, or similar combo.

Kits? NPCs?

These are innumerable and pop up almost every month. Some NPC mods are fairly in-depth so you don't want to overwhelm their story by using other content-heavy mods.

It's all your call but the first goal to using all these mods is to have fun. So, for now, stay simple.

It's all your call but the first goal to using all these mods is to have fun. So, for now, stay simple.

First I want to say, I am a new to the modding scene even though I have played BG1 & 2 through multiple times.

Now, any suggestions to the mod list I proposed to maybe reduce the redundancy?

First I want to say, I am a new to the modding scene even though I have played BG1 & 2 through multiple times.

Now, any suggestions to the mod list I proposed to maybe reduce the redundancy?

Try a fairly basic list:

- Quest Pack

- Unfinished Business

- optionally Dungeon Crawl and Tower of Deception - both small, nice and stable,

- Banter Pack

- optionally Amber/Fade/Keto or/and Xan/Kelsey/Kivan - but I wouldn't install more than, say, three NPC mods, unless you're going to play with all of them during this game.

- Flirt Pack

- One portrait pack and/or 1PP

- BG2 Tweaks

BG2 Fixpack is cool, but a surprising number of otherwise stable mods(Kivan's interjection, a component of UB, a component of Quest Pack and so on) goes hayfire upon installing it, so it's your call.

Ascension/Tactics/SCS - all good, but I'd also recommend them only for 'advanced' users.

Archived