Thief trying to backstab with bastard sword

Guest Guest_Raven_*

Guest Guest_Raven_*

Small thing:

In the second Vampire/Shadow thief encounter at night in Ch.2, you meet a vampire called Salia and two shadow thieves who try to kill you once she's gone.

Problem: one of the thieves is equipped with a bastard sword. Because of SCSII AI he drinks invisibility potions and tries to backstab. It looks a little silly because of the 'your weapon is unsuitable for backstab' message which comes up :p . I guess he should be given a longsword/shortsword instead.

Small thing:

In the second Vampire/Shadow thief encounter at night in Ch.2, you meet a vampire called Salia and two shadow thieves who try to kill you once she's gone.

Problem: one of the thieves is equipped with a bastard sword. Because of SCSII AI he drinks invisibility potions and tries to backstab. It looks a little silly because of the 'your weapon is unsuitable for backstab' message which comes up :p . I guess he should be given a longsword/shortsword instead.

OK, will fix.

Guest Guest_Raven_*

OK a couple of other things (will post here any other little bugs I come across):

1) The teleporting Bhaalspawn Viekang downs a potion of extra healing as he disappears from the inn in Trademeet (after taking 78 damage). Just looks funny...

2) I was fighting the yuan-ti mage in the room with the key in the De'Arnise Keep with a solo character. Blows/spells were exchanged for a few rounds no problem. Then the yuan-ti mage cast hold person. I failed my save and thought I was done for. The mage hit me with a couple of minute meteors, reducing me to 3hp. For some reason, it then just wandered off around the corner and did nothing until I was no longer held.

I don't have any other mods installed which would affect AI at this stage in the game (my install is TOB patch, G3 Fixpack, Ascension, SCSII and some item/xp tweaks/nerfs).

I'm liking SCSII a lot so far, keep up the good work :p!

Guest Guest_Raven_*
Did the yuan-ti wander out of sight or did it stay in sight but ignore you?

What did it do when the spell wore off?

It wandered out of sight.

When I was no longer held, it stayed out of sight and didn't seem to be doing anything. I was able to drink several healing potions then walk round the corner and finish it off.

Did the yuan-ti wander out of sight or did it stay in sight but ignore you?

What did it do when the spell wore off?

It wandered out of sight.

When I was no longer held, it stayed out of sight and didn't seem to be doing anything. I was able to drink several healing potions then walk round the corner and finish it off.

OK, that's helpful. Sometimes the RandomWalk makes monsters randomly leave the battle. There's supposed to be a sub-loop to bring them back but it's been known to glitch with solo characters. Will chase.

Archived