Dynaheir LT 16

Guest Yuri

And a quick check (then i gotta go back to work, as i just ran home to walk the dogs) is this:

GLOBAL p#coran_complains is referenced only 1 times.

LOCALS coran_complains is referenced only 1 times.

yet in my search,

Searching for: coran_complains

BG1NPC\documents\BG1NPCVarIndex.htm(4106): <td>P#Coran_Complains</td>

BG1NPC\phase1\baf\x#coran1.baf(251): RealSetGlobalTimer("P#Coran_Complains","GLOBAL",14400)

BG1NPC\phase1\baf\x#coran1.baf(256): RealGlobalTimerExpired("P#Coran_Complains","GLOBAL")

Found 3 occurrence(s) in 2 file(s)

So I need to find out why the text search of the project files is not turning up this (for example) as either a statename or as a GLOBAL or LOCAL, but it is being created and only referenced once...

This is what CamDawg was talking about with the statename variables, too - when we (meaning 99% of the i.e. modding world) name a CHAIN state or interjection <<something>> and then set

X#<<something>>

we are actually duplicating effort, because the materials set a global.

Wait, wait, *CHAIN* sets a global? How come? (And if it's so, how come CHAINs without a blocking variable loop?)

[EDIT: I HAVE to be wrong about CHAIN... a test case shows no variable is created as far as I can tell...]

I will have to research, but it goes like this:

I_C_T of any variety is processed in such a way that it creates a variable out of the statename given:

///* Beregost - Karlat */
I_C_T ~%tutu_var%KARLAT~ 0 X#AjantisKarlat
== ~%AJANTIS_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("ajantis") InMyArea("ajantis") !StateCheck("ajantis",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @226
END

creates the variable X#AjantisKarlat and advances it to 1. That way it opens and closes it all at once.

From here on in, it gets murky, and I will have to follow up with some research, and ask CamDawg, devSin, and everyone else to correct me...

I *think* the message from CamDawg was that CHAIN is an extension of I_C_T. So, supposedly, it creates a variable, just like I_C_T1,2,3,4 does. Let me do some searches - I am under the impression that there are even more circumstances in which statenames become GLOBAL or LOCALS values, and that we are simply not taking advantage of them - be back in a bit...

NOPE: I have to be understanding something wrong. Lots of the variables in that list of Miloch's without prefixes are indeed created by I_C_T variants, but I can't find matching ones for the CHAIN constructs, so I have to be misunderstanding him - I am going to have to test this weekend.

And I am getting a bit confused, too. When I look at the list, I see a LOCALS/GLOBAL protential problem:

LOCALS ajandestroyboxt

GLOBAL x#ajandestroyboxt

but a search turns up no statenames matching, and nothing setting a LOCALS:

Searching for: ajandestroybox

BG1NPC\documents\BG1NPCVarIndex.htm(5941): <td>X#AjanDestroyBox</td>

BG1NPC\documents\BG1NPCVarIndex.htm(5948): <td>X#AjanDestroyBoxT</td>

BG1NPC\phase1\baf\x#ajantis1.baf(157): GlobalTimerExpired("X#AjanDestroyBoxT","GLOBAL")

BG1NPC\phase1\baf\x#ajantis1.baf(159): Global("X#AjanDestroyBox","GLOBAL",0)

BG1NPC\phase1\baf\x#ajantis1.baf(163): SetGlobal("X#AjanDestroyBox","GLOBAL",1)

BG1NPC\phase1\dlg\x#ajantis.d(365): IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobalTimer("X#AjanDestroyBoxT","GLOBAL",FIVE_DAYS) SetGlobal("X#AjanSafanasBox","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

Found 6 occurrence(s) in 3 file(s)

the relevant dialogue:

IF ~Global("X#AjanSafanasBox","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN safanas_box
SAY @219
++ @220 + safanas_box_01
++ @221 + safanas_box_05
++ @222 + safanas_box_01
++ @223 + safanas_box_07
END

IF ~~ THEN safanas_box_01
SAY @224
IF ~~ THEN + safanas_box_06
END

IF ~~ THEN safanas_box_02
SAY @225
IF ~~ THEN + safanas_box_03
END

IF ~~ THEN safanas_box_03
SAY @226
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobalTimer("X#AjanDestroyBoxT","GLOBAL",FIVE_DAYS) SetGlobal("X#AjanSafanasBox","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT
END

So what specific functions of WeiDU generate variables as LOCALS or GLOBAL?

So I need to find out why the text search of the project files is not turning up this (for example) as either a statename or as a GLOBAL or LOCAL, but it is being created and only referenced once...
I dunno, it's weird, I get the same thing. I'm thinking it's either a bug in DLTCEP or the engine working in strange ways. It seems it will set variables in some cases as the variable name as everything after the #. I've long loathed prefixes with the # in it, as it designates a bookmark in HTML and possibly does other weird things in other scripting languages.

I'll ask Avenger about it.

Looking at some of these other variables like aca, dca etc. - they look like mine (minus my prefix of t-). I like 'em short and sweet - saves memory, reduces lag. Though I thought I changed these to start with x#. It doesn't matter a whole lot since they're LOCALS, but I'll look into it.

Got some of these tracked down (thanks, Miloch!!!) and noticed something:

Searching for: xannoticerain

BG1NPC\phase2\baf\p#xance.baf(11): SetGlobalTimer("X#XanNoticeRain","GLOBAL",10)

BG1NPC\phase2\baf\p#xance.baf(19): GlobalTimerExpired("X#XanNoticeRain","GLOBAL")

BG1NPC\documents\BG1NPCVarIndex.htm(18078): <td>X#XanNoticeRain</td>

Found 3 occurrence(s) in 2 file(s)

yet LOCALS XanNoticeRain

(does not show up anywhere except DLTCEP.) I am going to take a look at NI.... perhaps the SGT is setting a LOCALS variable?

Archived