Tiny web site

skypher

Hello,

I recently wrote a mail to Charlie from the FreeGamer blog where I asked why he didn't cover GemRB yet.

He said he was just waiting for the web site to be back up again.

So I created a tiny site that does the job. See it at http://viridian.dnsalias.net/~sky/gemrb/.

You can also finde the m4 source by following the link at the bottom of the page.

Let me know what you think of it.

I can also install it on the Sourceforge page if you give my user account there (skypher) the necessary rights.

All the best,

Leslie

Thanks for your work, i'll consult with the other developers what to do with our site.

The dragonlance link doesn't work, DLTCEP has its forum here on G3 and its source is downloadable from the gemrb project.

In any case, development isn't hindered by it (i think). Even when we had a fully functional site, it wasn't really producing new developers :p

Currently there are 2 new people who might well join as full rights developers.

The SF project page and this forum is probably 'good enough'.

I created a wiki for gemrb with some stub content:

http://linux.prinas.si/gemrb/doku.php?id=start

So if you ask me, we should just merge in your content. The wiki is easier to edit and also more people can do it. And Bor Kraljič wrote a script which interlinks and formats the guiscript docs, so they can be easily viewed online.

I agree with you that that ugly sf notice page needs to go. It creates a bad aura around the project.

I created a wiki for gemrb with some stub content:

http://linux.prinas.si/gemrb/doku.php?id=start

:) I'm having difficulty registering. I signed up 2 days ago, but did not receive a confirmation email. When I tried the 'Forgot Password' link yesterday, it sent me an 'Are you sure?' email but didn't follow up with one containing my new password. I tried that again today, with the same result. Have checked to make sure they didn't wind up in junk mail.

Some other user succesfully registered and I also see you in the user list.

I set your password to something different manually and a mail was succesfully sent (says the wiki).

Some other user succesfully registered and I also see you in the user list.

I set your password to something different manually and a mail was succesfully sent (says the wiki).

..and unsuccessfully received. :) Maybe you could send a normal email with the new pass to mike_1072@hotmail.com?

Thanks for investigating.

A note. The guiscript namespace is all autogenerated, so any doc changes in that part of the wiki need to be committed to svn too, or they will be lost on the next generation.

I'll take care of that once I get commit access. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, as the script didn't add much formatting, so a slightly modified diff from the wiki changes should apply to the plain file too.

The SF project page and this forum is probably 'good enough'.

From a development view, sure. But it's very bad from a public relations view.

I especially designed the site to be a one-shot, i.e. something that won't

need work after the initial upload: no news, not really any volatile content.

Current information should definitely put into the forums and wiki. My intention

was to create a signboard for interested visitors that want to try out GemRB without

much fuss or just get a bit of information (like Charlie from Freegamer did).

So, if you want the page, just leave me a notice and I will correct the wrong links

(which are, by the way, literally from the README).

Leslie

Archived