NPC starting locations

Domi

Okay, providing I can add one area (Luskan Docks) and can situate NPCs anywhere, I suppose the locations could be:

Luskan Docks (definetly):

Nord and Hildury (PC goes there to meet them specifically)

Rizdaer (the beginning of his encounter, slavers bit, perhaps)

Peony (mentions in romance)

Jaemal (mentions in romance)

By the ship as already passengers:

Valeero (as per her backstory)

Salomeya (because of funny dialogue possibilities, shows up right before the ship sets sail)

In Targos:

Diriel (Targos city, under suspicion, not allowed to leave the city)

Leida (new NPC, Pallisade)

Nikosh (Right by the Wench, afraid to leave the sight of the two soldiers)

Prachi (Docks, fighting goblins on the end of a pier)

Ulo (new dwarven NPC, helping the construction in the Pallisade)

I am not sure. I would put him outside Targos, but that means the player won't meet him in the first module, should the mod be made. So, maybe in the Tragos City with a rant how he is not autorized to leave the human settlement.

Basically, I am considering the possibility of building a version of IWD2 in NWN2 that would implement the IWD2NPCs, cut down on certain parts of the original IWD2 plot-line, but add 2 alternative story-lines in (one for a diplomatic character with strong convo skill, and another - for a half-breed or a conquest oriented character), and expanded quests as needed (or have time to do). All and all, basically it will be my old dream of Chimeras done in NWN2 media.

Well, 'doability' is a concern, so I am not promissing anything. I will finish the Deathstlaker, and then I sit down, write out the concept documents for all the mod ideas I have for post Deastalker, and decide which one is The One. I suffer from too many ideas, too little time and talent thing.

Consider Domi's "big mod" history:

BG1 NPC: done, signed, sealed and delivered

IWD2 NPE: done, signed, sealed and delivered

NWN2 endeavors: done, signed, sealed and delivered

All in all, I'm considering this a certainty, for whenever I happen to get a computer that can run NWN2.

Aww, thanks. :) I know that I will be making mods (I am hopeless), just don't know which.

And, I think, that after some consideration, I will put prachi on one of the pieres in Targos fighting goblins.

I've just thought of another possible place for Leida, basically she can be talking to Oswald about the missing scouts.

Peony's joining quest is that she is arguing with some drunken sailors who torment a caged animal.

Jaemal is found staring at the water, with a bunch of urchins throwing stones at him. He ignores them, but if the PC talks to the kids, he turns around and looks at the PC.

Guest Kimmuryiel
Basically, I am considering the possibility of building a version of IWD2 in NWN2 that would implement the IWD2NPCs, cut down on certain parts of the original IWD2 plot-line, but add 2 alternative story-lines in (one for a diplomatic character with strong convo skill, and another - for a half-breed or a conquest oriented character), and expanded quests as needed (or have time to do). All and all, basically it will be my old dream of Chimeras done in NWN2 media.

are you saying what I think you're saying?? be a half-breed and work for Isair and Madae?? I'd LOVE that! I've always thought--since I read/heard what the folks from Bryn Shander did to Isair and Madae--that it was Bryn Shander's fault for bringing the ire of my two favorite antagonists from Bioware on them, so they shouldn't be crying about it...(I also think half-breeds are plain cool :) )....Plus, Isair and Madae's idea is a good--dare I say noble? --one :) I think Bioware should have included a separate path to work for Isair and Madae. Or are you just saying I'd be able to play as a half-breed?? If so, I don't see how a half-breed would work for the Ten Towns when faced with what Isair and Madae plan. (how I wish I could find concept art for those two so I could create my own renditions...I happen to be terribel with proportions and thus need a base picture to go off of when I'm doing a drawing...but Bioware says there isn't any concept art for those two (how that's possible, I have no idea :p)...dang, just thinking about possibly being able to work for Isair and Madae gets my hyper XD

Archived