Installing newer versions of included components?

Guest penguin

Guest penguin

Hey,

I was just wondering if I would have compatibility issues if I were to install the newest versions of certain components that have been included in bg2 fixpack in their older forms, like oversight or avenger's rogue rebalance. If anyone could answer this question, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Definitively don't use my Elven Charm/Sleep fix from the earlier versions of Rogue Rebalancing (v3.11 and below) since they directly overwrote the relevant charm/sleep spells. The G3 BG2 Fixpack features a modern, patch-friendly version of the Elven Charm/Sleep fix which is why I've deprecated that component from RR v3.5 and above.

That said, you might also want to get a newer version of Rogue Rebalancing since the old versions used to overwrite a bunch of other files as well which could, in term, cause compatibility problems with several other mods. The recent versions of RR (from v3.5 and above) are much friendlier in this regard since they patch 95% of the files which they alter. You can find the link in my signature.

While the party's going on: can I install BG2 Fixpack, UB, Quest Pack and Kivan together without any compatibility issues, or is there still trouble?

IIRC, fixing those troubles depend on {Andyr, Sim, Domi} fixing their mods.

Must be because the fixpack is incompatible with the game.

Archived