CLAB File for Sorcerer

Guest Avernous

Guest Avernous

I have been working on a way to jury rig a "kit" for a sorcerer and as I was rooting around in the kitlist.2da I noticed that the clab files for trueclasses are not listed there yet some of those (like a trueclass thief) have clab files associated with them. My questions are these:

Is there a file that lists what clab files trueclasses use?

If so does the Sorcerer have a clab file designated to it even if the actual clab file doesn't exist?

If anyone can respond to either of these questions I would be most grateful.

Take a look at the Geomantic Sorcerer kit on this site, its a kit for a sorcerer. Sorcerers can be kitted like any other class, but you cannot select the kit at character creation and it must be applied in game. The sorcerer class number is 19 I believe and you can easily create a custom CLAB file for whatever kit you are making.

There isn't a file for listing the trueclass clab.* assignation - by convention it would be clabso01.2da for trueclass sorcerers (let me know if this actually works, though, I doubt the game will pay it any attention) :)

Ill try it and let you know if it works out. thanks.

Take a look at the Geomantic Sorcerer kit on this site, its a kit for a sorcerer. Sorcerers can be kitted like any other class, but you cannot select the kit at character creation and it must be applied in game. The sorcerer class number is 19 I believe and you can easily create a custom CLAB file for whatever kit you are making.

Yeah ive been looking at the GSor kit to try and figure out how they did it but so far no luck. What Ive been thinking of doing is cannibalizing the sorcerer class to make my kit since I don't use Keldorn and it will only affect my player. However when I finally get it working like I want Ill have to figure out a way to implement it with a script so other people can use it. Thanks for your advice.

Yeah ive been looking at the GSor kit to try and figure out how they did it but so far no luck. What Ive been thinking of doing is cannibalizing the sorcerer class to make my kit since I don't use Keldorn and it will only affect my player. However when I finally get it working like I want Ill have to figure out a way to implement it with a script so other people can use it. Thanks for your advice.

whoops! I meant Kelsey not Keldorn Inquisitors definitely have nothing to do with Sorcerers :)

There isn't a file for listing the trueclass clab.* assignation - by convention it would be clabso01.2da for trueclass sorcerers (let me know if this actually works, though, I doubt the game will pay it any attention) :)

Unfortunately it did not respond to the CLABSO01.2da. :D if only it were so simple

Okay so I've been peering at the Geomantic Sorcerer Kit and I think I've cracked the code to easily create your very own sorcerer kit.

Ingredients:

A CLAB file such as CLABSO01.2da

A HLA file such as LUSO1.2da

Process:

- Add your kit to KITLIST.2da and associate it with your CLAB file

- Update LUABBR.2da so that your HLA file is associated with your kit

- Modify a dialog like say Aataqah(the first genie in chateau Irenicus) as has been done in the GSK, so that it checks if you are a sorcerer and if so offers to apply the kit. The actual application of the kit is as simple as this:

ActionOverride(Player1,AddKit(KITNAME))

I'd like to say thanks to Nythrun and Caedwyr without your suggestions I wouldn't have figured it out. :)

You can also use an item to apply the kit. Check out the CA#AGEO.itm in V2 of the mod, or the details in the scripting problems thread by me a few threads below this one for ideas.

Essentially you need to use the ActionOverride(Player1,AddKit(KITNAME)) at some point. Of course, make sure to compile the dialogue or script after adding the kit in your .tp2 file.

Also, you don't need to specifically update KITLIST.2da or LUABBR.2da as I believe the weidu ADD_KIT function handles this.

For anyone wanting to get a head start, you can grab version 2 from the following links

Geomantic Sorcerer v2 (Windows) - http://rapidshare.com/files/73708784/Geoma...rer-v2.exe.html

Geomantic Sorcerer v2 (OSX) - http://rapidshare.com/files/73709053/OSX-G...rer-v2.rar.html

A more formal release will most likely occur soonish.

V2 Fixes a few typos, removes the eagle shapeshift since it doesn't do anything the others don't and has some ugly animations, and introduces an item you can CLUAConsole in to apply the Geomantic Sorcerer kit.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=12196

The version on the main website will be updated soonish when Camdawg gets the chance.

Archived