Comments on Just Another Day

theacefes

Yay! Read it, liked it. I think your characterization is extremely good -- all of the characters have their own voices, and it's very consistant and strong. I think, ironically, that the PC comes out the weakest regarding the voices. The relationship drama and attraction is well-built, and not your typical "meet and fall in love, happily ever after," which is what tends to happen. Interested to see what happens with the falling out between A and S (and the probably-inevitable drama between E and A, over S, etc.).

Let me know when more is posted :)

Hi. :)

Thanks for the encouragement. Between school and working on my own original fiction, I've been leaving this one behind a bit but I really do want to get back to it.

EDIT: Grrr...I'm looking back on the story and getting frustrated at it. I'm not thrilled with the road the story has taken because I know I am a way better writer than that. Maybe because it's fanfic so I am not putting as much effort as I would in an original story? *Shrug* Still thanks for reading.

Is Sarah's personality the same in the Mod as it is in this story? I really enjoyed her!

Some thoughts:

It would have been interesting to see the dynamic of an early Sarah Elise relationship off the tail end of her Auren relationship while Nalia and Auren were still sparking, but probably pretty involved to write imagine the drama!

I thought Jahiera and Minsc were expertly done, really enjoyable. I could completely see Jahiera meeting with Sarah like that.

Thanks for writting this story I really enjoyed it.

Is Sarah's personality the same in the Mod as it is in this story? I really enjoyed her!

Some thoughts:

It would have been interesting to see the dynamic of an early Sarah Elise relationship off the tail end of her Auren relationship while Nalia and Auren were still sparking, but probably pretty involved to write imagine the drama!

I thought Jahiera and Minsc were expertly done, really enjoyable. I could completely see Jahiera meeting with Sarah like that.

Thanks for writting this story I really enjoyed it.

Hi, thanks for reading.

Personality-wise, Sarah in this story is pretty close to the Sarah I envisioned in the mod. I have quite a bit of the next chapter written but I haven't had the motivation to really finish it but what you are describing is actually what was planned to happen sort of. It's all based off the mods.

But, yeah..it's a lot of writing and drama and while it's fun to read, I just don't know if I have the desire to keep it going.

Nice, I'm definitally looking forward to trying Sarah out in the near future.

I was glad you were leaving hints that Sarah and Auren weren't going to last otherwise I would have really been worried about Sarah's personality being dominated by Auren. I would love to read more if you ever get to it but you seem to have plenty of other projects going on and nobody has limitless time and creative energy.

Oh one more thought: From the "straight guy" perspective its nice to see your lezbian characters sexuality doesn't dominate them as characters. It isn't glorified or sensationalized its just comes across as normal (can't seem to put my finger on a better word for what I'm trying to say, sorry). Anyway they are characters with personalities that make them interesting who also happen to be lezbians rather than having their sexuality be the basis of their personality if you get my drift.

Hmmm ....... I'm not quite happy with how that ended up hope it doesn't affend anyone, its not meant to. I'm just not really the greatest at conveying my thoughts through writting.

Archived