Will RE break my game?

Guest Ail

Hi,

I've just found Romantic Encounters and I am curious to try it. However, I'm in the middle of a mega-mod game now and I don't know if installing this mod will ruin my saved games. Can anyone tell me if it safe to install? If it is not, what should I backup in case anything goes wrong?

Thanks.

Alex

It should safe to install at any point, and it should be working with all mods, as long as you are not running your game or game/ShadowKeeper during the installation. So, yes, you can do it.

As for a backup: as far as I know, some "big mods" may use biffing, so the usual backup won't work for you.

But I can recommend this: each time before you're starting an installation, backup baldur.exe, bgmain.exe, dialog.tlk, override directory, chitin.key and baldur.ini. This way, you'll be able to restore your "clean" installation in seconds - I know many users(and modders) use this. I remember learing this little trick from Dorotea about three years ago. :)

It should safe to install at any point, and it should be working with all mods, as long as you are not running your game or game/ShadowKeeper during the installation. So, yes, you can do it.

As for a backup: as far as I know, some "big mods" may use biffing, so the usual backup won't work for you.

But I can recommend this: each time before you're starting an installation, backup baldur.exe, bgmain.exe, dialog.tlk, override directory, chitin.key and baldur.ini. This way, you'll be able to restore your "clean" installation in seconds - I know many users(and modders) use this. I remember learing this little trick from Dorotea about three years ago. :)

Thanks for the tip, Kulyok. I was looking for this list, actually, seeing as how I recently blew up my game. (I still have no idea how that happened...)

Oh, by the way, great job to all of you on RE! It is hilarious!! :)

Archived