This is going to sound really really lame

Guest Guest_Loopyloops_*

Guest Guest_Loopyloops_*

Hey,

So I've been searching for weeks and finally I realised what I was looking for wasn't called "Map Editor" or "World Editor"; it's called an Infinity Engine mod (Doh, that was totally my next guess).

So now that the idiot found the program he's looking for, he finds one that seems like it'd be cool to play around with. (Basically, I love all the black isle games, and thus seek more content...I wanted to try making like movies originally (suchas that badass sequence of Johnny poo a.k.a irenicus blowing up everyone in the begining of BG2) But the I thought it'd be cool to add some spells to IWD2.

So now that I've said what I want to do, let me explain my predicament.

To be honest, I'd like to thing I'm a semi-intelligent human being. I can program and stuff; after all what else is there to do in Calculus on your calculator? Integrals? Don't make me laugh.

However, I have no idea where to even begin with this DLTC Editor, I read the tutorials, but those assume you know how to use the setup, which sadly, I must be retarded (or all of you are super mutant spider bitten software engineering freaks) because I can't find a tutorial that explains the setup (Exactly, I have no idea how to use the setup, I should just quit now...) because, to be honest I have no idea wtf a IEEP is or a "chintin.key" (I mean, I have theories, like "chintin.key" might be how you unlock the realm to the huge alien chinchillas.) but I don't know...

Anyone care to become a special ed teacher and education this retard?

There is a file called setup.txt in the directory where DLTCEP was installed into. It explains how to set up DLTCEP.

Chitin.key is basically a list of all the files the game needs to run, and where they are located (in biff files).

IEEP .dat files are data files, (probably) originally written for IEEP - another modding tools. The files contain descriptions of the various effects (aka opcodes) the Infinity Engine can use.

Well, DLTCEP is for spider bitten super mutant IE modders.

You really need to read, understand and memorise the content of the IESDP site before trying to touch this stuff.

I won't tell you where to find IESDP, find it yourself.

If you are new to modding, you better try simpler and easier tools. (Not knowing what is chitin.key is an unforgiveable sin.)

Another n00b question, is there a resorce where I could find the descriptions for the Equipping Effects in the Item Edit tool, as for me their names are Unknown(0), Unknown(1), etc. to Unknown(457), cause I wouldn't want to learn them by memory. Ah, no need, I found them here. :)

Guest Guest_Loopyloops_*

I totally figured most stuff out, I've been editting spells (because I sadly can't find a way to add them to my char's spell book) and that's pretty cool. There are some basic things I don't understand about it, like for example, I just steal the projectiles from other spell sbecause I don't know what they are, I read that file Avenger, thanks it helped a lot. I really like this program, even if I have so little idea on how to use it.

Btw, how would one increase the targetable range of dimention door, I added it to my char's spell book, but it has a range of like 20, even though it says it has a range of like 400. Weird.

As for simpler programs? Like what? Are they as cool as this one?

Maybe try to set it to not require line of sight.

I don't know if it works in IWD2, but worths a try.

I think it is not your fault that you cannot edit your character's spellbook.

I didn't implement that for iwd2 :)

NI is also a multi purpose tool, you can try that.

I don't think there is any other tool besides these which can edit iwd2 spells.

Guest Guest_Loopyloops_*

Ya I figured out the line of sight thing when I looked for inspiration to the "Teleport without error"

Another problem I was having was with the summon monster thing; I tried to get it to summon a monster or character or w/e that was capable of casting spells and not just hacking, but when I summon it it only hacks...I'm not really sure how i'd approach it to fix it.

Ideas?

btw, I can't believe how awesome this program is, it's like all my dreams have come true and that's with the very limited knowledge of how to use it I've discovered over the course of a entire day spent to playing around with it. Five million stars to Avenger.

Guest Guest_Loopyloops_*

Sorry about the double post, but I discovered out the problem with the dimension door was that you have to use a dimensional door projectile. Which leads to a question, what do you use to edit/make projectiles? a .bam?

Guest Guest_loopyloops_*

Is there anyway to change the combat behavior of someone, for example, make a summon cast spells instead of attack melee style? I can't figure out how to edit scripts, because everytime I try to open one, it says I haven't set up WeiDu yet and I need to...however I'm not sure which program I have to download in order to actually have a WeiDu exe, or if it's already on my computer.

Archived