Crash in the Athkatla tombs

Barlim

I started using the widescreen mod yesterday (the game looks amazing in 1680x1050!), and got a crash not long after entering the southern tombs for Korgan's quest (the one with the trapped, Egyptian-themed floor and the hordes of undead). It occured again after I retried, taking about a minute to happen.

I've never had much of an issue with crashes before, and never here, which made me wonder if it was the mod that was causing it. Is there a log file I can access anywhere?

EDIT: I guess I should note that I'm running BG2:ToB on the latest patch (26498).

I admit I haven't entered there with WSM yet, but I strongly doubt that WSM can cause that. Can you post the contents of the weidu.log file in your BG2 directory? That file contains the log of all mods installed, and somebody can figure out if you installed incompatible mods or something.

Pretty small list:

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation

~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4

~WIDESCREEN\WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen mod

I wasn't aware of the WSM until after I'd already installed the other two, which have never given me problems in the past (that I can recall), so I don't know if the install order was improper or not.

UPDATE: Well I tried playing again and it didn't crash, and in fact hasn't crashed for a few hours, so I guess it was just a huge coincidence that it happened twice in a row, or who knows.

Remove WSM, go there again. If it doesn't crash, then it was WSM.

DBG surely won't cause this :)

One thing about WSM, it doesn't crashes 'just randomly'.

It can crash only when there is a new part of the dungeon to be drawn.

So, try to enter the dungeon, wait 1-2 minutes, and move only then.

If it crashes while you are not moving, it isn't WSM. (This means the viewport moving, so don't scroll the screen either).

Archived