Valeero causes crashes

Guest Salkin

I don't know if this bug is related to the NPC mod but I get it almost every time I un-equip or re-equip her helmet or sometimes just mouse hover around in Valeero's inventory.

It causes a CTD, Crash to Desktop with only a typical WinXP error report. Other games work fine so it shouldn't be hardware. I recently started the game with only the official patch (as told in the readme) and the tweak pack supplied on this website to gain infinite "bag of holding" content.

Any ideas? The mod seems good so far but I haven't even left Targos yet.

I can try to remove Valeero and stick in another character or disable helmet animations (using the tweak pack) in order to see if there's any difference.

My savegame is tiny so I put it up on www.yousendit.com

http://download.yousendit.com/15C4ECC552A634BE

Regards

EDIT: Disabling helmets using the Tweak mod seems to have solved this issue so bringing Valeero along should be fine now :) Keep up the good work, looking forward to V2 Domi!

Oh and... Sir Nord reminds me of a "hound" person with half his face burned. (just a tiny bit) maybe it was the "Bugger that!" exclamation which inflicted my association. :help:

Regards

That's weird. I was pretty sure she used the stock animation for her helmet, but I will check. I am glad the tweak fixes it, but I would like to find out if that happened with anyone else, and which mods were installed. I don't think that happened on the clean install tbh.

Heh, yep, there is some Martin-inherited cussing there, but that's where the resemblence ends with the Hound, much as I love Hound. Nord won't be cutting down children, be obsessed with his evil brother or lusting after young girls any time soon. :help:

That's weird. I was pretty sure she used the stock animation for her helmet, but I will check. I am glad the tweak fixes it, but I would like to find out if that happened with anyone else, and which mods were installed. I don't think that happened on the clean install tbh.

It seemed to happen at the docks and in the first tavern close to shore. Helmet removal fixed it. I have no clue why it happens. No IE modding skills at all.

I encountered some kind of stuttering bug related to AI scripting, so I copied the tiny BG2 AI script called "default.bs" to try compare without any major effect. It's probably IWD2 itself and not your mod. I grew bored of IWD2 after Targos before so it could be a common problem. Now with Nord, Hildury, Valeero, Nikosh and Salomeya the game suddenly got tons more interesting!

Heh, yep, there is some Martin-inherited cussing there, but that's where the resemblence ends with the Hound, much as I love Hound. Nord won't be cutting down children, be obsessed with his evil brother or lusting after young girls any time soon. :help:

Aw I was looking forward to influencing and having a fallen paladin character in party :) I don't think I've ever encountered one before as a playable character. Still I like Nord just as he is nevertheless.

A bit off topic but is that you with Martin himself on your profile? ;)

sandor.jpg

Archived