Tamoko Mod

Fyorl

I haven't done the flamethrower as yet because it's a new idea - shouldn't be too tough though.
Ok, I've found some decent source material. The device in question is something similar to the Chinese huo qiang - fire lance (something like an early firearm) or huo jian - fire arrow (an early sort of rocket launcher, though these were rather more complex than the huo qiang).

As for the specific look, I was thinking something like the Yuan Dynasty piece about halfway down the first link. It probably is usable with just one hand, something like a wand, only not really magical.

It'll have a story behind it - not sure on specifics yet. Tamoko either picked it up from a Shou Lung merchant traveling in Kozakura, or actually went to Shou Lung at some point - either to study some unique martial technique, or to assassinate or spy on a target in that area. Feel free to fill in the details or substitute another story - I'll be concentrating on the technical details of the item and the graphics.

I think it will end up in the quick item slot actually. There are two options with their own problems if I make it a regular ranged weapon - one is either I'd have to specify a type of existing ammunition (bullets, bolts, etc.) when in reality it uses its own special ammo incorporated as "charges." The other is to make it "ammoless" but there's a huge bug with this type of weapon - there's no way of preventing you from using ammo with the ammoless launcher for extra damage.

So it ends up being more like a wand, but as I said, nonmagical and only rechargeable under special circumstances.

=P It's definitely a case of 'when'. Once I get my January exams out the way I'll be able to put some more work into it.

Thanks for the offer though, I'd love to have some Crossmod content available for it. Tamoko's got quite a history with most of the BG NPCs.

Well, I think this is a huge thing you are working on. Were I you, I'd also expand the Sarevok-Tamoko plot as much as possible. This way, there'd be two big plots (one in SoA part, and one in ToB).

Had some suggestions:

Plot I (SoA): How about her having this memory loss? Yoshimo wouldn't tell her anything about him being her brother. And the story would be: Irenicus abducted Tamoko and put a geas on her, after questioning her on Bhaalspawn's weaknesses and stuff. Then he threatened Yoshimo, that he'll kill her if he won't help him. Thus Yoshimo betrays you, but does it for her. In fact there could be some dramatic part, when Irenicus wants to kill your whole party, and Yoshimo saying "but you promised to spare her!" or smth. and then he'd giv his life to try to stop Irenicus (after betraying you though). Then after some time, some cleric could help Tamoko with her memory loss, and she would tell you that he was her brother. All would be clear then, BUT when it's too late. Dramatic, aye?

Plot II (ToB): Well, here we have the romance part.. I think Sarevok, despite being evil and all that, always felt something towards Tamoko right? So my ideas here are that there should be several possible paths here:

I - You have a relationship with Tamoko, and then you join up with Sarevok. If he stays evil than there could break up a fight between you and him.

II - You have a relationship with Tamoko, and then you join up with Sarevok, but you make him join the light side. Then maybe he'd like to leave the party, but you'd be able to convince him to stay if he cares or smth.

III - You don't have a relationship with Tamoko, and you join up with Sarevok. I think they could try working things out with each other? Well, still I think they should depend on YOUR relationship with Sarevok. If he stayed evil, Tamoko probably would have lots of problems with the whole thing. Being addicted to him, but feeling bad and used. But if he became good (or maybe you could help them with the relationship, and by this he'd change his alignment), they could live a happy life.

IV - I'm not sure about this, but aren't there some mods in which you can romance with Sarevok if you're a girl? that would complicate things even more.. fighting for your man, etc. :)

Thanks for your reply. You've got some good ideas and they're all welcome, I haven't settled on anything solid just yet, it won't be a while 'til I have time to properly work on this so ideas will always be entered into the mix.

I think the general consensus is that memory loss is a bit too easy and cliché and, although it still offers some good plotlines, it would detract from the overarching plot. What you've suggested could still be used though. I worked some things through with other people here and the best idea I thought was thus: Tamoko has no knowledge of Yoshimo as they were separated as children and she's almost immediately suspended in stasis by Irenicus when caught. Yoshimo submits to Geas in order to help free Tamoko so he can then perform his duty set by his father to bring her back to Kara-Tur. With this idea, most of the stuff you've said can still play out quite plausibly.

On romances - my gut feeling is to not provide a PC romance with Tamoko. I think the strong Bhaalspawn thing that Sarevok also had will attract her to the PC but only in a comrade-in-arms sort of way. Tamoko, to me, seems like an extremely loyal figure that craves a strong leader or companion and I think the PC will be able to fit the bill. I think her history with Sarevok as well as various other bits of emotional baggage will get in the way of a romance. I will most definitely write a friendship storyline and I'm debating whether to have the romance rekindled when/if Sarevok joins.

Not enough clerics? but there are three NPCS with levels in Cleric (Aerie, Anomen, Viconia) which isn't that little, wouldn't you say?

If you don't want to go with her being a Bhaalspawn there is another approach. Irenicus could have had someone resurrect her after the PC killed Tamoko so that he could get information about the PC from her. It would explain why she was in the dungeon ... probably being tortured for information. Or perhaps (inaddition) her ressurection may be a reward for Yoshimo if you have the sibling thing going on.

Guest Guest

I have another thought now. So suppose she was Yoshimo's sister. Then Irenicus who wouldn't be able to ressurect her for some reason, could produce a clone of her (the Tamoko met by the hero) for Yoshimo, but firstly she wouldn't have any memories, and secondly, she could be created with this geas thing inside her, so that Irenicus could punish Yoshimo if he tried to break the deal. This could also lead to some dramatic twists in the story, as she probably wouldn't know she was just a clone. She could have some straps of memory. And the character would recognize her as Tamoko and she would join him in hope that he'd help her recover some memories. After some time, during some quests involving her she'd uncover the truth by learning that the real Tamoko is long dead. Or perhaps Yoshimo would tell her in some moment.

Archived