Set Traps Skill angers the Cowled Wizards

Guest Blood Beast

Guest Blood Beast

This is a question about Liches.

After installing the Smarter Mages mod, all Liches can now sense NPCs who are Protected from Undead(Scroll), and will cast a whole host of area effect spells and summons, which in effect nerfs the scroll,

Is this intended? (I think you will probably say yes...)

Some other undead still cannot sense Protected NPCs, so is this specifically a Lich upgrade? or do you also mod other undead as well? Like the shade lord, for example?

This is a question about Liches.

After installing the Smarter Mages mod, all Liches can now sense NPCs who are Protected from Undead(Scroll), and will cast a whole host of area effect spells and summons, which in effect nerfs the scroll,

Is this intended? (I think you will probably say yes...)

It's intended, yes. They can't directly detect or target enemies, but know enemies are around, because their Chain Contingency has gone off. So they summon other monsters (which can detect enemies), and then use those summoned monsters as target points for dispel magic and area effect. I thought that was a bit more elegant than just nerfing the scroll outright!

Some other undead still cannot sense Protected NPCs, so is this specifically a Lich upgrade? or do you also mod other undead as well? Like the shade lord, for example?

As far as I recall, it's only liches.

Guest Blood Beast

Is it possible to alter the set trap skill so that each time it's used, it consumes one heavy crossbow, and maybe one bolt? I just don't know if this is even SCSII related. Maybe Camdawg's tweakpack?

Guest Blood Beast

A couple more tweaks for your eyes :help:

The cloak of non-detection, that doesn't seem to work anymore, cuz enemy mages can still detect the invisible wearer, is that intended? Just curious.

The staff of the Magi, did you change it's invisibility to once per day? Or just completely gone? What about a whole host of other wands and items, could those be changed to once per day instead of it's permanent effect ?

Archived