Terry Pratchett with Alzheimer's....

Bri

A bloody awful thing to hear, let's hope Terry's spirits are as high as he's made out. And while there is no cure for Alzheimer's yet, there are treatments that can keep it from getting worse in some people, let's hope Terry can at least benefit there.

Oh no.

Gods, it's so unfair a man with a mind like his gets something like that.

What's worse is Terry Goodkind is still completely healthy and able to carry on writing his tripe, and Terry Pratchett gets alzheimer's.

I hope his family are okay, :help:

And what's wrong with the Sword of Truth series?

Anyway, it's sad to hear news of authors being ill. I hope it doesn't effect Pratchett much.

Apart from the abysmal plot, shallow "D characters, random racism and sexism, the use of rape/almost-rape as a plot device, the awful world building, the terrible speeches,. the author's dire philosophy injected into the books with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer, the right wing tone of it all and of course, the fact the author thinks he's god's gift to the fantasy world and doesn't even bother to read over what he's written, let alone rewrite?

Apart from that Sword of Truth's wonderful ;)

*nothing personal, I just loathe Terry Goodkind*

Apart from the abysmal plot, shallow "D characters, random racism and sexism, the use of rape/almost-rape as a plot device, the awful world building, the terrible speeches,. the author's dire philosophy injected into the books with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer, the right wing tone of it all and of course, the fact the author thinks he's god's gift to the fantasy world and doesn't even bother to read over what he's written, let alone rewrite?

Well, you're entitled to your personal opinion. ;)

I have to correct you on one thing though. Goodkind has repeatedly stated he is not a fantasy author. So if he is god's gift to something, it has to be another genre. ;)

Well, you're entitled to your personal opinion. :)

I have to correct you on one thing though. Goodkind has repeatedly stated he is not a fantasy author. So if he is god's gift to something, it has to be another genre. :)

I'm may regret asking this but does Terry Goodkind say what kind of genre he is an author of?

Well, you're entitled to your personal opinion. :)

I have to correct you on one thing though. Goodkind has repeatedly stated he is not a fantasy author. So if he is god's gift to something, it has to be another genre. :)

I'm may regret asking this but does Terry Goodkind say what kind of genre he is an author of?

I've been to one of his book signings and I've seen some of his interviews online. I know he claims he isn't a fantasy author. He does say that he is a serious novelist. I don't remember if he says he is a philosopher though.

*heh heh* good one. Yeah I dunno what he's going to do now that he is done writing his phantasyastical philosophy books. Of which I read all of them of course. But it does beg the question- "Exactly what does Gratch symbolize then?"

I was sorry to hear that about Terry Pratchett though...that sucks.

Which reminds me. I just finished up your Noobers quide to hair loss theacefes. Good stuff thanks. I actually managed to get it to work, which impressed the heck out of me. Okay so I didn't read ALL the directions...and I did managed to somehow misplace the face....and my debug file looks like a war zone...but I got to go ingame and say "you suck". So all in all a good experience. Thanks

Archived