Attack Speed

Miloch

As the given parameter increases towards positive infinity, the attack speed of the target creature(s) tends towards zero. The effect is discontinuous, with sucessive successive applications acting in a mannor manner akin to instances affecting a static variable. This self-evident and obvious fact can therefore easily be seen: 'do not use for kensai'.
On second thought, the typos might be intentional, no? They add to the, um, clarity...

Sorry if I revive an old thread but I'd like to fully understand how Attack Speed Factor effect (190) really works.

The effect is discontinuous, with sucessive applications acting in a mannor akin to instances affecting a static variable.
How does this work with speed factor bonuses granted by High Mastery (-1) and Grand Mastery (-2, for a theoretical total of -3) ?

Consecutive applications of spcl143 (kensai's speed bonus) doesn't further improve attack speed, right?

Sorry if I revive an old thread but I'd like to fully understand how Attack Speed Factor effect (190) really works.
The effect is discontinuous, with sucessive applications acting in a mannor akin to instances affecting a static variable.
I think this was a joke - the real description should make a little more sense:
#190 (0x0BE) Stat: Attack Speed Factor [190]

Parameter #1: Speed Modifier

Parameter #2: Irrelevant

Description:

Alters the weapon's attack speed by the value specified by the 'Speed Modifier' field. This effect is not cumulative. Attack speed ranges from 0 (good) to 10 (bad). This effect acts as a bonus, so a high 'Speed Modifier' is good.

How does this work with speed factor bonuses granted by High Mastery (-1) and Grand Mastery (-2, for a theoretical total of -3) ?
These are handled by the engine and don't use effects. You get whatever bonus is specified by the 2DA (not -1 and -2 but either -1 or -2).

Consecutive applications of spcl143 (kensai's speed bonus) doesn't further improve attack speed, right?
Correct. The last speed bonus effect to be applied wins.
Guest Guest

Hi. Everything is quite clear except for dual wield. There can be two different weapons with two different speed factors.

How is speed calculated this way?

Unless someone knows it offhand, I say - go experimenting. Like making 2-3 swords with different ASFs, and trying various combos. Might be good to set APR higher than 1 so that main hand will strike more than once, and give 100% crit chance, as animation and actual hits aren't really connected to each other, so all true hits can be detected. Giving to weapons some various 'on hit' graphic or sound or whatsoever effects can help too, you'll know which weapon made a hit whenever one occurs.

Archived