Dynabeir romance ending sequence error

Guest Gezora

So last night i finally finished the beautiful and well written Dyna romance. Congratz on a job well done!

But anyway, i completed the final battle and the ending sequence started, however nothing happened when i was done talking and the fight seemed about to ensue. The assasins just stood there and not a single thing happened after that.

I have tried it over and over again (by ctrl+y'ing the final battle for the retries of course :help:). But it's still the same, it will always lock up.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or maybe tell me how the sequence goes?

Thanks in advance!!

ACK! Sorry, sorry, sorry... :help:

I see that someone with a few posts below has already posed the exact same question. I apoligize...

still, would anyone be as kind to maybe tell me what exactly happens after the hang-up in that cut-scene?

Thanks!

[spoiler ALERT, of course...]

Sure. I am having a heck of a time with it, which is stupid, because it was working on my test install. New clean install, it isn't. :help: But, I will break it down here, and perhaps someone can tell me what i have messed up, to have the cutscene fail (it needs to run with 2 through 6 players).

Here is what happens.

IF
True()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	CutSceneId("x#cutspy")
	ClearAllActions()
	SmallWait(3)

The invisible Observer creature, Mr. x#cutspy, clears up everything and runs the whole scene, so that we can see the scene.

ActionOverride("dynaheir",SpellNoDec("X#JONI",WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE))
	Wait(2)
	DisplayStringHead("X#JONI",@0) // Wench, you have overstepped your ability; it is beyond you or anyone to wrest this subject from me.
	Wait(2)
	ActionOverride("dynaheir",LeaveParty())
	ActionOverride("X#JONI",ForceSpell("dynaheir",CUTSCENE_POWERWORD_KILL))
	CreateVisualEffectObject("SPFINGER","dynaheir")
	ActionOverride("dynaheir",DestroySelf())
	Wait(2)

Dynaheir casts a magic missile at the Head Evil One, who says "Wench, you have overstepped your ability; it is beyond you or anyone to wrest this subject from me." (Obviously, he has read the script for BGII and understands that he is an Arch Villain, and as such is supposed to use archaeic sexist bad-guy super-villain expository languge, rather than "Word. You be dead, yo.") Dy leaves the party, so she doesn't end up accidentally being ressurectable and mess up continuity and alll (she must not have seen all the time-travel movies where the good guys are supposed to change the plot so she wins.). Dy dies.

CreateVisualEffectObject("SPCLOUD3",Player6)
	SmallWait(8)
	ActionOverride(Player6,PlayDead(300))
	CreateVisualEffectObject("SPCLOUD3",Player5)
	SmallWait(8)
	ActionOverride(Player5,PlayDead(300))
	CreateVisualEffectObject("SPCLOUD3",Player4)
	SmallWait(8)
	ActionOverride(Player4,PlayDead(300))
	CreateVisualEffectObject("SPCLOUD3",Player3)
	SmallWait(8)
	ActionOverride(Player3,PlayDead(300))
	CreateVisualEffectObject("SPCLOUD3",Player2)
	SmallWait(8)
	ActionOverride(Player2,PlayDead(300))
	CreateVisualEffectObject("SPCLOUD3",Player1)
	SmallWait(3)
	ActionOverride(Player1,PlayDead(300))
	DisplayStringHead(Player1,@1) // You have been abducted! Your story continues in Baldur's Gate II, Shadows of Amn. Import your character from your final save into BG2.

The Evil Ones cast knock out the party, using a cloud of some evil design. Then, the player is warned that "You have been abducted! Your story continues in Baldur's Gate II, Shadows of Amn. Import your character from your final save into BG2."

ActionOverride(Player1,ReallyForceSpell(Player1,DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#JONI",ReallyForceSpell("X#JONI",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#BODHI",ReallyForceSpell("X#BODHI",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#LASSA",ReallyForceSpell("X#LASSA",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#TANOV",ReallyForceSpell("X#TANOV",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#VALEN",ReallyForceSpell("X#VALEN",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#ULVAR",ReallyForceSpell("X#ULVAR",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#CUTVA1",ReallyForceSpell("X#CUTVA1",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#CUTVA2",ReallyForceSpell("X#CUTVA2",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#CUTVA3",ReallyForceSpell("X#CUTVA3",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	ActionOverride("X#CUTVA4",ReallyForceSpell("X#CUTVA4",DRYAD_TELEPORT))
	Wait(6)

In the version with Imoen, The Evil Ones teleport <CHARNAME> and Imoen, and themselves into the wild night sky, never to return (until the next movie/game).

SetGlobal("endofbg1","GLOBAL",3)
	FadeToColor([20.0],0)
	Wait(3)
	EndCutSceneMode()
	StartMovie("_NDCRDIT")
	EndCredits()
END

We fade out, make sure the game knows everything is finished, and run the end credits.

Fini.

Now if I can just figure out why it was working before, and on an identical install is no longer working... I have to have messed up something simple.

(my recommendation on that is use EasyTutu - it gives you a completely clean, solid, and easy to use separate install, so you can do what I have right this minute;

an EasyTutu game,

a BG2 game,

a BGT game,

a modded EasyTutu copy game for playing,

and a cloned modded BG2 game :help: )

i will keep working on it, and ask for help from other modders to tracjk it down and get it operating. Cheers!

(my recommendation on that is use EasyTutu - it gives you a completely clean, solid, and easy to use separate install, so you can do what I have right this minute;

an EasyTutu game,

a BG2 game,

a BGT game,

a modded EasyTutu copy game for playing,

and a cloned modded BG2 game :help: )

i will keep working on it, and ask for help from other modders to tracjk it down and get it operating. Cheers!

Hello cmorgan,

I've read instructions on how to backup certain files and folders in your BG2 directory so that you can restore it to a clean install when you want to remove all mods.

However, what did you mean by you have a cloned modded BG2 game? Did you just copy the original installation of BG2 elsewhere as a backup, and then just installed your mods in the original BG2 folder? The instructions I've read merely state how to keep one copy of BG2, and how to basically wipe out all mods if needed.. I'd like to know how you managed to keep two copies of BG2 on your system, both modded and clean.

Thanks!

There are a couple of ways to do this, including the Multi-Install Tool posted on this site somewhere (and some posts on PPG from a long while ago, where I learned this), but you can also just do a copy/paste to a new folder. There are some things to do afterwards, though:

1. open up the newly copied baldur.ini in a simple text editor and change these:

[Alias]

HD0:=E:\BGII - SoA\

CD1:=E:\BGII - SoA\CD1\

CD2:=E:\BGII - SoA\CD2\;E:\BGII - SoA\CD2\;E:\CD2\

CD3:=E:\BGII - SoA\CD3\;E:\CD3\

CD4:=E:\BGII - SoA\CD4\;E:\CD4\

CD5:=E:\BGII - SoA\CD5\

Redirect them to your new install, e.g.

[Alias]

HD0:=F:\MyNewFolder\

CD1:=F:\MyNewFolder\CD1\

CD2:=F:\MyNewFolder\CD2\;F:\MyNewFolder\CD2\;E:\CD2\

CD3:=F:\MyNewFolder\CD3\;F:\CD3\

CD4:=F:\MyNewFolder\CD4\;E:\CD4\

CD5:=F:\MyNewFolder\CD5\

2. Your Add Programs/Delete Programs functions will not work on these copies, as they have no registry key presence. To uninstall, it is a "drop the folder into the trash and empty it" proposition. Similarly, the config and BGMain.exe are not the ones linked on the start menu...

3. To start each separate copy, build a shortcut to the desktop linked to the appropriate BGMian.exe, and rename it what you want ("BG-WeiDU-Testing1" or "Modded BGII" or whatever you want).

4. One warning, though I have no solid confirmation from other people. On my machine NSIS installers (like most of PPG's mods) seem to lock up before, during, and once or twice immediately following install, leaving me with a ctr-alt-del to Windows Task Manager, and often a need for a reboot. I have scanned and checked the registry, and everything appears fine; NSIS installers read the registry key to determine where to put the mods. In some cases, that means you might need to extract the mod to a "temporary" directory, rather than your BG2 directory, and then manually move it over. For what it is worth, I think the safest way to install a mod is to do this anyways; that way you can look at what it does and where it goes. I do not believe that this method of cloning installs creates this problem, but if it happens after you try this, please let me know immediately, because then we will have found something about the use of cloned installs and NSIS installers :help:

I am paranoid, and run them on separate drives. But I doubt that is necessary. In fact, I know it is not necessary, as i have run side by side modded tests to check to see if WeiDU patching has taken place/what files are changed by doing what I have described above, then comparing the override folders using WinDiff or WinMerge. Then I have playtested each of the installs.

Hope this helps!

(P.S. - with easyTutu, this is highly recommended. I have had three separate Easytutu installs on the same drive operating just fine, for compare./contrats tests)

cmorgan: Thank you, I shouldn't need to do all that baldur.ini editing, as the newly copied folder will just exist as a backup, and I probably wouldn't use it to play.

I will keep your note about NSIS installers in mind in case I want to clone multiple installations with different mods installed.

Well, this is fixed. And the scene is cleaned up a different way.

For those modders who wish to save themselves hours apon hours of agony, and all sorts of aggravation -

Step 1. Check that your cutscene ID .cre actually has a correctly spelled DV.

Step 2. Make sure you don't accidentally ActionOverride the current running ID.

Step 3 - make sure you don't bloody DRYAD_TELEPORT the cutscene id .cre out before all of the actions are finished.

Fixes applied -

1. assigning x#cutspy the correctly spelled dv.

2. Setting all actions to run on x#joni, with all relevant materials redirected, and with everything appropriately assigned.

3. Leave x#joni in place, with the ominous DSW(You have been abducted) and resequenced actions to make sense.

4. Go bash head into large object repeatedly, with great fervor, and stop playtesting on your working install - install it on a brand new install, transfer a savegam from one area back, check it in NI after installation, then playtest.

I am going to have lunch. If I don't shoot myself, i will be back to playtest a second time on a completely new install.

Archived