Are We Where Yet?

Heh, unfortunately, Miller uses 16-character file names instead of 20-character ones, so until I have completely switched off, I'll have to edit the sound references in my dlg files. But it is definetly easier and less time consumming than selecting and manually editing the RogueDao's set. :)

Well, slow and steady. All Alliana's voice-work is now in, the sound tags re-referenced, and I'm pretty close to being done prelim code on her romantic interlude. I also got some good news that Elhan's voice is coming, so yay! And more re-referncing. Ouch. Inspired by Indira from Bio boards, I decided to cease my consummate testing and retesting of the mod untill all code is done. It just feels too unefficient to re-run the whole module ofr each encounter. So, deep breath in, and code, code, and code....

I've also done some Flirtpack work (unsurprisingly a lion's share of it in editing the voice files), I think a lot of folks will really appreciate Neeshka's voice. Sometimes I have a feeling that 50% of my modding nowadays is working with the voices. How things have changed!

But I've also alsmot finished writting a really long dialogue for my next module... and I am still in the honey-moon stage of that development and so actually love how it's turning out. (Where does the satisfaction always go after the release? Dunno.)

Oh, nooooo! Adam's tool doesn't take into account the duration of the line :) it creates an FXE for like 1 sec duration for every clip. (Sigh.) well, it's back to me editing Rogue Dao's clips then. I guess if it sounds too good to be true, it is. So, a set back for me, as I now have the 110 files I thought I was done with AND I will have to re-edit all the references back to 20 letters. ARGH! Good thing is that every line is referenced for every file in an XLS voicing spreadsheet, so at least I know what needs changing. But a damn waste of time nontheless.

Edited by Domi
Oh, nooooo! Adam's tool doesn't take into account the duration of the line :) it creates an FXE for like 1 sec duration for every clip. (Sigh.) well, it's back to me editing Rogue Dao's clips then. I guess if it sounds too good to be true, it is. So, a set back for me, as I now have the 110 files I thought I was done with AND I will have to re-edit all the references back to 20 letters. ARGH! Good thing is that every line is referenced for every file in an XLS voicing spreadsheet, so at least I know what needs changing. But a damn waste of time nontheless.

Wait...just use the Delay function..no? His tool worked for me just fine.

No, no. Delay will keep a line in place if you do not have sound (and badly, I recommend the silent wavs in place of that), they allow the advance as well). The WAV will keep the line. The problem is that the lips will not move for the duration of the line, like it would happen if you carefully use RogueDao - and that is what I definetly want. Otherewise, why use fxe at all. :)

Well, maybe you had short lines. :) The bad dubbing feel is because the same animation is used for all charcaters - and so far ther eis no remedy for that. :D

Anyways, I have done all the FXE work and all the references now, so it all works and all that! Back to trying to figure out Jaheira's encounter thinggie.