Question about Level_One_NPCs and BGT-WeiDU.

Jarno Mikkola

As I would like to play BGT in one go and to have Imoen a Thief kit and then dual her into a mage. As there is a component in BGT-WeiDU, that let's one to:

"NPCs are conditionally imported into Shadows of Amn depending on what fate you led them to experience in Baldur’s Gate and/or Tales of the Sword Coast."

The question comes; When I meet her at least three different times in the game, I might have to dual her three seperate times(about level 2-8 at start, level 8-10 in Irenicus dungeon, and level 10+ when I rescue her in Spellhold), and that's not good to start from level 10-15 thief dualed to a 1st level mage. :help: So, does the game still save the char changes when moved into BG2 part of the BGT game?

Only if Imoen is in your party and alive when you talk to Belt at the Duchal Palace for the final time will all her char changes be kept when: (i) Imoen is created in Irenicus' dungeon, and (ii) Imoen is rescued from Spellhold. Any other situation will force you to dual-class her three times. Hope that is clear.

Hope that is clear.
Not quite.

jarno, the answer to your question is 'Yes'. It's a BGT question, not a L1NPC question: BGT maintains whatever Imoen's status was when you go from BG1 to BG2.

A related question would be if L1NPC is used after having already joined with Imoen, what version would you get when rescuing her from Spellhold. Maybe Ascension64 can helps us on this.

jarno, the answer to your question is 'Yes'. It's a BGT question, not a L1NPC question: BGT maintains whatever Imoen's status was when you go from BG1 to BG2.
But only if you have her in the party and you didn't let her die. Otherwise BGT won't keep Imoen's status.

A related question would be if L1NPC is used after having already joined with Imoen, what version would you get when rescuing her from Spellhold. Maybe Ascension64 can helps us on this.
L1NPCs won't work at all, since joinable NPCs are stored in your saved game.
NPCs you've encountered not being moddable ought to already be in the readme, but I'll double check tonight.
I thought it was, but maybe it ended up in the FAQ instead. It's important enough it should probably go in the Notes section up front. In my last edit, there was only a note to the effect that modded NPCs who've joined your party will not revert to unmodded versions when uninstalling the mod.
I thought it was, but maybe it ended up in the FAQ instead.
Actually, it is there in the Compatibility section, but should probably be moved up to Notes:
You can install this mod during an existing game, but the modifications will only take effect if the NPC has not yet joined the party.
Also noticed a typo in the next paragraph (probably my fault):
Although you can install the mod anywhere in a mod list, you should place it near the end of your mod list. If you want to assign an NPC a customized kit, be sure to install Level 1 NPCs after the custom kit mod. If you want to use Ashes of Embers or another mod that changes the weapon proficiency reules, then that should also go earlier so this mod will follow the changed ruleset.

Archived