Romantic Encounters: accepting submissions

Kulyok

Also, I always found priests incredibly sexy (repressed Catholic schoolboy) and yeah. Games are for fantasy fulfillment anyway, right?
Are you really suggesting sexual content with minors?

Since priests are not little boys (generally speaking...) I'd have to say no, that wasn't the intention. I translated the description of "repressed Catholic schoolboy" as nothing to do with age and everything to do with experience (or, in this case, lack of) and bottled passion. I mean come on - there's better uses for those knees than praying day after day, and who knows what kinky thoughts those prudes have when they're all alone. :p

I mean come on - there's better uses for those knees than praying day after day, and who knows what kinky thoughts those prudes have when they're all alone.

Oooh... The very thought is sexy. There's something incredibly erotic in the image, I must say. :p

Guest Alyrial
I mean come on - there's better uses for those knees than praying day after day, and who knows what kinky thoughts those prudes have when they're all alone.

Oooh... The very thought is sexy. There's something incredibly erotic in the image, I must say. :p

Exactly. The repressed Catholic schoolboy is I. Maybe I should be more discerning in the placement of parenthetical explanations?

Anyway, I wasn't advocating sex with minors. Barely legal is hot, but as Kulyok said mostly covered.

There was an idea for Raelis Shai and/or Haer'Dalis. I'd like to necro that idea. By which I mean revive, not have sex with it now that it is dead. Also, Adalon. Replaying underdark, and I *still* find her ability to kill my party with her super dragon powers incredibly erotic. Also, she's giant and silver and can shapechange in to anything.

That's only sort of sarcastic.

Like, a Raelis/Haer/PC threesome, possibly with Aerie? :p Sorry, kidding.

There's a small encounter with Haer'Dalis already, but it's Haer-PC. As for Raelis, yes, she is an intriguing character, but unfortunately, we are limited in game time - I don't see a moment when it can happen. When I play, I see her for the first time when we bring the gem - she immediately gets kidnapped, then we rescue her and she is gone.

Adalon is cool, but she's a young mom, which makes her off-limits to me - I'm not interested in exploring the possibility. Other authors might, though.

Like, a Raelis/Haer/PC threesome, possibly with Aerie?

*Exactly*.

Or a Raelis/HD/Aerie threesome while the PC watches. Or gives orders. :blush:

You should make one!

Or...what about when you free HD by doing Mekrath's quest and he rewards you with HD as a slave. HD might be very appreciative of this.

Guest Muraz

Forgive me while I bumble into this thread a few months late to comment on something ...

Unlike Lord Mirrabo's Imoen Romance, I think freedom of expression in a computer game has some limits;

I don't really understand what people seem to have against Lord Mirrabbo's Imoen Romance. At first glance there seems to be untasteful aspects to it, such as the whole concept of a romance with your sister (whether or not she is technically your sister), and the attempted rape scene. However ...

I think having played through the mod it is one of the finest pieces of mod writing out there. The romance talks capture the spirit of Imoen in BG2 extremely well (the charming, playful, youthful soul of Imoen versus the horrors and darkness she's dragged through by Irenicus), and the sex is handled not only tastefully, but in an emotional manner. For those who haven't played it ...

There's a scene where Imoen is reluctantly telling you that she had dreams while being held captive of making love with you. She was put through much torture by Irenicus, and she tells you the dreams she had of you were what kept her from losing her mind and her hope. The descriptions of the dreams are very erotic precisely because of this clever interweaving with both the main storyline of BG2, and because it's not a crude sex dream; it's emotional and actually ends up being more touching than sexy.

The attempt at raping Imoen also results in severe consequences; you not only fail at the attempt, as you do in the Romantic Encounter which allows you to attempt to rape a girl you rescue, but your character is killed (albeit in a slightly odd fashion).

So why is it that this mod, which not only delivers high calibre writing and adds extremely deep characterisation to Imoen and her time spent with Irenicus but also original and memorable musical scores, seems to be ostacised from the mainstream mod community? Is it purely because of the incest?

Imoen Romance is badly written, suffers from horrible punctuation and "author says so!" syndrome(as long as the player does something contrary to the author's intent, the punishment is more severe than one can imagine - just look at the comments in the code. Example: if PC says after concensual sex "I don't like you, I've ben using you", PC dies a horrible death - no way to run away or prevent it).

I won't go into various "out of character" interpretations, because all modders a guilty of that(though in Imoen's romance it's _quite_ out of proportion, to my mind). But there was an unseemly story when Imoen Romance's author stole another modder's writing and put it into his mod(it's still there - Salvanas-Imoen dialogue from Kelsey NPC). To his credit, however, I must say that the author apologized later.

I don't mind incest, I don't mind that Imoen Romance exists, but as a modder, I'm unhappy that it suffers from bad incompatible code: for example, in many cases it blocks Aerie player-initiated responses and even initiated a stutter bug. What's bad is that the bug had been identified years ago and the author's done nothing with it after many user reports. We have to deal with it in our forums(Flirt Pack and IEP, for one).

I hope I've answered your question. If you'd like to continue this discussion, you are welcome to start a new topic in General Mod Discussion.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but I think an encounter or series of encounters with Viconia outside the romance would be appropriate for the RE.

I'm not a particularly huge fan of Viconia, but it makes sense to me based off of her history, as well as her current personality/behavior. Her constant viciousness and instense mood swings would not only be a good cover if someone wanted to write something like this; in my mind, it actually suggests covered feelings, or whatever she has instead of feelings. Any opinions?

It's good Flirt Pack material, I think. By the way, I think they still accept submissions - if you're a Viconia fan and a decent writer, it's worth a try(and you can always release it as a standalone later; or, if anything, NPC IEP could deal with it).

RE could work with extra Viconia/Anomen encounters, but the thing is, RE does sort of the opposite: various flings, one night stands and "what-ifs-could-bes"(you'll notice that even though there're prolonged flirts with Ribald, Teos, Valygar etc, they never blossom into a full romance, and it's intentional). Long, "real" relationships and additions to them are simply not RE material.

What I was suggesting was not romance extensions or additions, it was more along the lines of the Cernd or Sarevok encounter, a one-time offer from Viconia only accessable if not romancing her. Perhaps out of curiosity, or maybe her alure to the power the PC is obtaining in ToB. I don't know, she just seems the kind of person who would be attracted to the son of a god whether her feelings were involved or not.

Maybe a seperate one in SoA trying to antagonize Jaheira or Aerie if their romances are active and in Global=2, but hers is not. She definitely views her sexuality as a tool, but a talk with Jaheira about Khalid reveals that she views it as a weapon as well, and she definitely hates Jaheira and especially Aerie enough to want to mess things up for them with no personal gain.

I don't know, there's all these references through the game on how she is extremely sexual and devoid of feelings, but unless a romance is underway, there area no examples of it. Just a lot of cases of her saying "I'm interested... but no." Probably Bioware trying to make things more tasteful, but I thought this would be the most appropriate mod to give a more accurate depiction of her manipulative non-romancing or pre-romancing mentality.

If it doesn't have a home in RE, I suggested a large project for myself here, so maybe if noone picks it up I can fit it into an expanded romances mod. Just running ideas by people at this point; I have a huge urge to work and work hard, but still don't have much direction.

I'd disagree with such interpretation of Viconia character: she won't pick up used condoms. If PC is alone and free, he's hers; if PC's chosen Jaheira and especially Aerie, Viconia won't respect him enough(and most importantly, Viconia respects her own power too much: she's interested in Sarevok, but I doubt she'd want him if Tamoko was around).

But it's only my opinion, and I've seen a lot of people who disagree with me, so.

My personal opinion is that stories only work if the writer wants to say something. Certainly, if you envision the story(whether it's Korgan, Viconia or your own NPC), and you _feel_ you know the character - I think you'll succeed. But writing for the sake of writing - I'm not sure if it ever works.

I'd disagree with such interpretation of Viconia character: she won't pick up used condoms.

Hahah, this made me laugh so hard. :)

Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for Viconia. The Viconia that comes out when in the romance, or to some extent when back in the Underdark. On this I agree with you fully.

However, the "drow" front she puts up though is so intense and fully ingrained in her persona that the everyday Viconia is another character entirely in my mind. But maybe we're getting a bit too philosophical here. It was just a thought that crossed my mind. If mild mannered Cernd would consider a tryst with a group member, and Sarevok would consider his sister, it just struck me that Viconia with her semi-previous(?) lifestyle and various innuendos throughout the game to other characters might have been overlooked due to her romance path.

Archived