Romantic Encounters: accepting submissions

Kulyok

Well, since there's no harm in mentioning it; it's just an idea that's been floating about in my head along with the other insane garbage...

Juuust mentioning it -in case someone might just on an off-chance get inspired- cause I'm surely quite almost definitely too lazy to make them fingers dance for a good cause -let alone a cause like my own idiot ideas- and everything...

Anyway...

Something to add could be a set of randomly appearing tavern-drunkard NPCs that'd occasionally walk up to the PC to beg and pester for erotic favors in an utterly tactless, drunken & blunt manner.

Legitimate (no penalty) responses could range from dull witted agreement to painting the walls red with blood and drinking mead from their skulls. ^^

Party NPC comments would be great too. .p

Another thing could be to add some brief implications of some party NPCs finding their own amusements; some going to sleep dialogues/monologues of charname overhearing some 'getting aquainted' conversations or observing some NPC slipping away somewhere with unknown company.

Or maybe that's too crazy, ehheh... .p

Haha. .p

Mayhaps, but my idea was rather different; having, say, 5 or more pester-you-for-sex dialogs attached to 5 or more NPCs who have a chance of spawning whenever you enter an inn.

Not maybe quite full fledged romance stuff, but just some quickly implied drunken action.

Bring in some bar life!

Na, t'is just an idea, do with it what you will. .p

It's probably more of "quest content", not "romantic content", as it includes fighting and spoils(you can't expect that a Child of Bhaal will completely ignore the possibility of violence).

Besides, if you look at the existing components, you'll see that each of them(yes, even Noober component, even Desharik's half-rape component) tries to make the NPC attractive to the player. Yes, different strokes for different folks, but for the target group the character is endearing.

A drunk, bad-smelling character who pesters PC for sex can be endearing, if he has a story. Say, a wounded mercenary whose girl left him, or Jack Bauer-esque character who does rough stuff and loses friends on regular basis. Or whatever. But it won't be about drunken dregs pestering PC anymore. It'll be about a story.

And, yes, if you code in .d and your writing is solid, we can make such a story into a RE component.

Guest Cyberstealth98

First of all I want to say "Great Mod!" I am always bothered when I play RPGs, in that I can roleplay most every aspect of a character's life, except their sex life? Granted, a Good aligned character would probably not be cruising the streets for meaningless sex. However, why should an Evil character be forced to remain celibate? This Mod helps alleviate that problem

However, I hope that this trend is starting to change with sex scenes in RPGs such as Mass Effect and The Witcher.

However, while playing through the mod the first time w/ a male PC, I came up with some ideas for some "romantic" encounters, if anyone is looking for any.

1) Matron Mother Ardulace. I know someone else mentioned her previously, but I think this is a good idea. Others mentioned the dangerous and possible painful aspect of potentially bedding her. Perhaps this can be addressed by having a stat check, where you are injured or do not survive the encounter if you fail a Constitution check.

2) The Succubus in Watcher's Keep. I think you ought to get more than just a "kiss" from her. This should also probably have a stat check. I would think having anything less than 18 constitution might end up leading to your PC's death. Level Drain should also occur.

3) Irenicus' Nymphs. Nymphs in general seem to have only one way to give out rewards it seems, and that is with sex. It just seems natural to me that the 3 nymphs you save (and possibly the leader nymph whom you give the acorns to), should give you a "proper" reward.

4) Adalon. While saving her eggs, I get a bit tired of her "all mortals suck" attitude. Granted she has lived near the Drow for a very long time. It is understandable how she feels. However, I feel a "Good" aligned PC, who has been very respectful towards her should get a "special" reward. Not only Has this PC saved her unborn children, but he has also restored some of her lost faith in mortals. Someone else mentioned a similar idea where her mortal form is described as a elf/human with silver skin & hair. I think that is a proper description.

5) Sime, you ought to be able to have a fling with her on the Saemon's, or in brynnlaw.

6) Valen. The Bodhi encounter was probably my 2nd favorite of the whole mod. I think a similar encounter with Valen has potential. I do not know if this should require her playable character mod or not.

7) The leader woman of Athkatla. I can't remember whether or not she is a Grand Duchess or Mayor or whatever. She is in the council building in the govt district. Perhaps she can reward you for disposing of Bodhi in chapter 6.

8) A noble woman. There are a number of female nobles in Athkatla. It would be nice to be able to bed one. Bonus points if she is married. Extra bonus points if it is Keldorn's wife, (although I imagine this might lead him to try and kill you).

9) Raelis Shai. Others have mentioned her, and I would have to agree. She comes across as a very attractive woman. Love her voice.

10) The actresses in the play in the Bard's Stronghold. The two actresses are fighting over the lead role. You ought to be able to utilize the "casting couch" with either (or both) of them, to help determine who gets the role.

11) Female Paladin outside Paladin building. The one garrick tries to romance, and who ends up marrying a gnome. Perhaps if you have a high enough Charisma, you can "outdo" their poetry and end up in bed with the lady.

12) Acolyte Lara. There are Priestesses of Helm and Talos you can bed, having her be available would complete the circle. Perhaps after you finish the Cleric stronghold, she offers herself to you.

13) Cayia. I think instead of stealing or killing her for the Pirate Horn, you ought to be able to bed her and take it while she is asleep. Doesn't seem to be a huge stretch, considering she is already something of a slut.

14) Suna Senai (misspell?), - Valygar's girlfriend. I thought her portrait was very attractive, and I was a little jealous that Valygar gets her.

15) Nalia's Aunt. Perhaps it could be time for you to show that Noble bitch just how dangerous (and exciting?) adventurers can be.

17) Illasera. I can't think of a way to get this encounter to happen. But like the Sendai encounter, I think this one would be nice to have occur. I personally find her portrait to be quite attractive. Perhaps after you kill her, you summon her spirit to your pocket plane to "have your way" with her.

18) Melissan/Amellyssan. While an extremely unsatisfying final boss (IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BHAAL!), I have to admit she looks good in that headdress at the end. I suppose it would be easier to come up with an encounter earlier when she is pretending to be good, but I find her portrait at that time to be much less attractive. I suppose you could have your way with her after you defeat her. Or you could have an encounter right before you fight her similar to the "Sendai" encounter.

Those are some basic ideas I have. Overall, I liked some encounters better than others. I found the ones that were more graphic (Priestess of Talos, Bodhi) to be the better ones. I was always a little disappointed when I got with a woman and it just cut to the sleep movie. No offense to those who wrote those encounters.

But I suppose there is a fine line between "too graphic" and just right. It is probably best to avoid something like "administers oral sex". Like I said the Bodhi and talos priestess encounters are darn near perfect in that they are graphic enough to get a good idea of what is happening, without needing to mention specific body parts, which leads to "ikea erotica."

Also, I think there should be the option for "one night stands" with your party members. Now I don't think characters like Aerie or even Jaheira would be up for this. But I think it wouldn't be hard to get Viconia into a "one night stand." Other potential NPCs (depending on gender): Korgan, Edwin, Cernd, Haer'dalis, Nalia, maybe even Mazzy.

Then again, maybe there should be some more same-sex encounters. I would think Viconia would be up for some girl-girl action. I also think Haer-Dalis and Solaufein would be apt for a male-male one night stand w/ the PC.

Overall I think there should be more same-sex encounters. For example, Phaere (I know she isnt part of RE), should be beddable by female PCs, in my opinion. I think a number of the established Romantic encounters could easily be applicable to members of the same sex. I guess they would be bisexual encounters then. As it is now, I think the only same-sex encounter I found was Solaufein.

Speaking of Solaufein I was a little dissapointed with his romantic encounter. It wasn't as descriptive as I would like, and he was very reluctant. If I wrote the encounter, he would only of been reluctant in the beginning, but he would soon get into it more (no matter the PC's gender). I also think the idea of Phaere watching the action as a spectator, and providing comments, would have been a nice touch.

I also think there should be more options for the Lust Chambers. Perhaps have the ability to rent a slave to spend a night with. There could be multiple race/gender options here.

Additionally, I noticed there wasn't any group-sex scenes (at least not that I found). An addition of some would be great. Perhaps even with party members. Maybe if you are romancing Viconia, she might be in a less-jealous mood and she joins in an encounter with you and another female (or male even). I also think a threesome with Haer-dalis and Raelis-Shai would be another good idea. Or perhaps you can summon Khalid's spirit to your pocket plane, and he can join Jaheira and you for one last good romp.

Perhaps this could lead to infidelity where you are on the receiving end. You might find Viconia involved with a tryst with Sarevok, or Aerie with Haer'dalis.

Overall, GREAT MOD! Cudos to the author(s)! The above were just suggestions for anyone looking for ideas. Please don't take them as critiques. I myself may try and learn how to program IE, to try and write some of these encounters.

Guest Cyberstealth98

There were a couple other ideas I forgot to mention in my original message.

1) Solar. I think Solar would be another great being you could "romance" in Romantic encounters. Her portrait is quite alluring. Perhaps after you beat the game, and if you are good, she offers herself to you.

2) Imoen. Some might complain about this being incest. In my opinion, it isn't since she and the PC share no mortal blood. Besides there are other bhaalspawn you can be with in RE, already (Sendai, Sarevok).

3) Girdle of Change. I think it would be interesting to to bring back the girdle of change, which will allow you to "interact" with all of those other characters in RE, that were only interested in the other gender. Additionally, it could set up a fun encounter with your main romantic interest where one (or both) of you decide to try the belt(s) on for a night.

Some of these were discussed before:

The Nymphs in Irenicus' Dungeon: They are tortured enough, and don't want to do this.

Adalon: She is a young mom. No more words needed.

Solaufein: Sorry it didn't work out for you. Feel free to write your own encounter, just because there is one doesn't mean there can't be two! Also here I already stated my motivation somewhere: I cannot imagine him being not reluctant, that is how I see his character as it is shown in the game. Him "warming up" to sexual activities with the PC would be totally out of character - in my opinion. And since he is unwilling I didn't feel like going into graphics - if you want graphics take a female PC and play Bjornin.

We all have different opinions, but the bottom line is this: if there's a willing author who can write well and code in .d, it's very probable we'll include his or her encounter, even if our tastes do not quite match.

Yep, there are quite a few great ideas: I'd like to see Sime or Illasera, myself. Not sure if I want to write some more RE this year, but I feel we include all encounters by other authors, if writing is decent and grammar is good.

I've noticed one thing: it's very common that an interested player later becomes a modder, so, indeed, it's not impossible that in a few weeks or months you'd turn up with a few encounters of your own. :(

First off I'm going to point out that the shadow thief in Mae'Var's stronghold is a potential same-sex encounter, and the captain of the guard at the end of the de'Arnise Keep subplot is exclusively that. If there's more I'm forgetting.

Personally, though the Solaufein encounter was rather grim, it seemed to me that it was supposed to be that way. I think whoever wrote it did a wonderful job, and I would have attempted something very similar if charged with the task.

Though I think some of your recently ideas were a bit silly, that's what this thread is here for: getting the ideas out there. Your post contained many, many ideas I've considered suggesting as well, and I'll get my opinions on some of them out and probably address more of them at a later time.

The suggested solar encounter is one of those that seems kind of silly in concept, but I have always hoped one was on its way, if only for a good or neutral aligned alternative to the Cyric encounter. Perhaps an alteration of the epilogue as well if the PC takes the divine path afterwards, suggesting that the solar's (Bioware-written) suggestion that she(/he?) would be your servant/guard/friend referred to more of a godly romance.

I also recently made mention to the Viconia issue you suggested. I think that a short encounter with her would be extremely appropriate, along the lines of the Yoshimo one, on the sole condition that you have not begun dismantling her defenses through the romance or SHS's IEP friendship. Though some disagree with me, I think that Viconia's power-seeking and often sexually driven ways would lead her to attempt some sort of emotional conquest or manipulation of the PC. However, as soon as the real Viconia starts to show up, as soon as her wall starts to collapse, I would be dead-set against the writing of any sort of fling, as I can not imagine the soft-hearted girl she is down inside being able to close her eyes around the metaphorical mirror after even a glimpse of herself in it, if that makes sense.

As far as the graphic versus allusion argument, I'm of a neutral opinion. Both have their merits, and I won't be disappointed if I see more of either. Hah, though if I'm the one who ends up writing any of these, they're going to be fade-to-darkness. I don't have the fortitude to even attempt the graphic. :)

The suggested solar encounter is one of those that seems kind of silly in concept, but I have always hoped one was on its way, if only for a good or neutral aligned alternative to the Cyric encounter. Perhaps an alteration of the epilogue as well if the PC takes the divine path afterwards, suggesting that the solar's (Bioware-written) suggestion that she(/he?) would be your servant/guard/friend referred to more of a godly romance.

This sounds interesting (and that Solar was very pretty), but is such an alteration doable, with the PC having no epilogue on his own?

Now I'm going to dream about the Solar NPC mod... :)

I also recently made mention to the Viconia issue you suggested. I think that a short encounter with her would be extremely appropriate, along the lines of the Yoshimo one, on the sole condition that you have not begun dismantling her defenses through the romance or SHS's IEP friendship. Though some disagree with me, I think that Viconia's power-seeking and often sexually driven ways would lead her to attempt some sort of emotional conquest or manipulation of the PC. However, as soon as the real Viconia starts to show up, as soon as her wall starts to collapse, I would be dead-set against the writing of any sort of fling, as I can not imagine the soft-hearted girl she is down inside being able to close her eyes around the metaphorical mirror after even a glimpse of herself in it, if that makes sense.

As far as the graphic versus allusion argument, I'm of a neutral opinion. Both have their merits, and I won't be disappointed if I see more of either. Hah, though if I'm the one who ends up writing any of these, they're going to be fade-to-darkness. I don't have the fortitude to even attempt the graphic. :D

I for one am VERY interested in some of those drow sex techniques Viconia keeps mentioning. :D

In the flirt pack, if you bathe with Viconia, she shows she can hold her breath for quite a while. :rolleyes:

So a Yoshimo-style one-night stand would be perfect. Suggestions include in Ust Natha (they spend a lot of time there), in the rest of the Underdark (I'll show you what goes bump in the night), after the character (via the Flirt Pack) asks over and over for such pleasures (Viconia -- THIS will shut him up!), or likely in ToB after her defenses are down and she gives into her love for the character (Wedding/Engagement Night?).

Either way I'm one of those guys that likes using a chick-in-chainmail for their character. I like the female sound sets and the whole Xena/Red Sonja thing. Sometimes its useful (like being immune to Sirens). But regardless of my preferance I noticed that there are only a handful of girl-girl or guy-guy romances in RE. This could be fixed by either two tracks being written on some encounters or a generalized track. Both Channel's and Anishai's material was very well done.

One suggestion I have is for an encounter with the renegade leader or challengemaster of the Druid Grove, for those who prefer to make love, not war. :)

I may jump in on this when I have sorted out my free time. Starting a new job will suck that up.

I've just gone through much of the BG I NPC Project, and it turns out that a variation of my initial Viconia suggestion has already been explored to some extent.

In this case, however, it was the PC asking for payment and Viconia agreeing. As the BG I Viconia and SoA Viconia's personalities don't quite line up in my opinion, this is less of a "it's already been done" situation, and more of a "we know people have thought of something like this before" thing. Vague encouragement I suppose is what I'm getting out of it.

Glad to see some interest in my solar idea, or whoever else's if someone else thought of it first. Don't think I could pull that one off though as a writer, without it being merely allusion-then-fade-to-black, or shamelessly copying the Cyric encounter.

Anyone else see anything they'd be interested in in the recent suggestions?

Not sure if these have been mentioned but:

The Ore Merchant for a male PC would have alot of different possibilities.

Lady Jysstev, maby only if you help out Jan and have to get info from her about "The Hidden" and then take out the Mindflayer lair in the sewers. This could possibly break some mind controll they have over her ........

The Shadow Theif in the coat room. Plenty of interesting things could happen while serching for you coat.

I saw the suggestion for Adalon and thought it was good but it should be very restrictive PC wise IMO. Very high rep, cha oh and constintution after all she is still a dragon even though she'd be in human form.

I also totally agree with the Viconia suggestion about her trying to manipulate the PC, but she should have a chance to succeed in some sort of controll over party choices if PC fails say a Wis and Int check, but only as long as she was still actively Manipulating the PC. This should also be for male and female PC's since Viconia is a Drow and its not an actual love interest for her. I'm not saying I think she is atracted to female's but if she is making a powerplay for control I don;t think the sex of the PC would stop her.

Archived