Romantic Encounters: accepting submissions

Kulyok

Yeah, I could see that happening, Aeryn. Maybe you should write it.

A long time ago, someone by Sephira came up with the idea of a Keldorn romance that involved having him reconcile with Maria only to find that she had fallen out of love with him somewhere along the way. In the end, he went looking for the PC and became cose to her, as a friend, or potentially more. I liked that idea very much, and if I ever get the chance, I'm going to develop it into a mod... but I have slim hope of ever getting to it. It's got a lot ahead of it in my "To Do" list. In any case, this would be a full-sized mod, and outside the scope of RE.

A Keldorn encounter is a tough one, if only because of how his character is written, *very* dedicated to his task, and his path.

A long scenario, where you'd need practically the entire journey through Amn to get somewhere with him, and that won't say much in the end.. heck, he beats my imagination. I cannot create a scenario where his "encouncter" looks convincing.. he seems just too set in his path, be it dedication or grief (Sir William should end in the gallows, and the love of his entire life imprisoned with the kids probably not too happy with their father, beat that, good PC) for a "good" player to get somewhere.

I believe such an idea was suggested at one point and eventually shot down. I could see the arguments of both sides, and why some people wouldn't want it. (It was argued that the PC, barely out of childhood and orphaned, wouldn't be as open to such behavior.)

I wouldn't have anything against it though; it would open up more possibilities, and for a decade-old game, it seems possibilities are what we need to keep up the expansion. After all, people can pick and choose how they think their characters would react if they are not ready for such things. Which I suppose is how many of my characters already react to most or all SoA RE content. :)

Hi all,

The author of Isabelle's fears here. I read a few comments about the, well.. abrupt ending of Isabelle's fears. It's been ages since I played the game but I did go through the contents of my contribution recently and was forced to conclude that Isabelle did deserve a bit more closure. That said, personally I'm pretty much done contributing to RE but I'm not opposed to the idea of someone else writing a follow-up encounter should he/she so desire.

So, if anyone feels like picking up the gauntlet, I'd love to hear from you.

I believe such an idea was suggested at one point and eventually shot down. I could see the arguments of both sides, and why some people wouldn't want it. (It was argued that the PC, barely out of childhood and orphaned, wouldn't be as open to such behavior.)

My understanding was that it was more a question of dealing with Tutu/BGT/BG2 platform issues. Could be wrong.

Maybe one day, there will be a Tutu/BGT equivalent, but in all probability, it would be a completely separate mod, and somebody would have to organize it.

Aye, and this project shall be the stuff of horrible, horrible legend "Hey <CHARNAME> have you taken care of the... WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS ARE YOU DOING? And can I join?" (I can't believe I just put that)

Also, RE already lets you have an encounter with one undead. OK, she's a vampire and not a zombie, but apart from sentience and a better wardrobe, it's more or less the same thing. And sentience isn't all that.

Also, RE already lets you have an encounter with one undead. OK, she's a vampire and not a zombie, but apart from sentience and a better wardrobe, it's more or less the same thing.
It's not the same, not at all. It's straight.

And sentience isn't all that.
I've been waiting so long to hear you say that, Berelinde.

In truth I actually am rather well acquainted with what RE has to offer. On a side note if I remember correctly Uncle Lester does have sentience. He is even well spoken, he's just pissed at his nephew. hurray for remembering pointless trivia on a very minor side "quest" if it can even really be called that :suspect:

Archived